Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mothers Day at the AMEX - how much? - PRICE REDUCED!!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
So you can take your mum for a three course CARVERY at the AMEX, at £35 person!!!

Under 12's for £10.

Am I alone in thinking that's a rip off?

Fine if the food was great, but we all know it is average pub fair at best.

My children are both over 12, so if I took my mum, partner, and the kids I'm shelling out £175 for the pleasure!

I could go to the local pub, get a carvery for less than half of that!!!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That was the price of the Valentines meal....but there again there were only two of us....so the answer is to sit the kids outside with a packet of crisp and an orange juice...take Mum in for a nice meal...gives you a lot of kudos...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't remember how much it was last year, but as the lucky beneficiary accompanying wife and mother Mrs Earle last year, I can confirm the food was significantly better than standard pub grub. In fact it was really excellent. Mind you, it wasn't a carvery. Don't know who the caterers are this year but might not be so enthusiastic if it is Sodexo judging by the current standard of match day fare!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Is your mother not worth that then? Mine certainly is.

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
So you can take your mum for a three course CARVERY at the AMEX, at £35 person!!!

Under 12's for £10.

Cheap meal for mothers under 12? The state of Britain today. :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Is your mother not worth that then? Mine certainly is.

Well yes but she is but suspect she would rather I spent the money on something a little more value for money.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Now I'm confused because I've just received another email now saying it's £20 for adults which is actually MUCH better value.

Did someone cock up with the original email?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They appear to have had people appealing to their better nature, they have sent me an email to tell me the price is now £20 for adults and a tenner for sprogs. :timmy:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I was about to put where did £35 come from because I have booked it up (well my Sister booked it!) for £20 a head! Good value IMHO!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here