Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'lovely stadium'

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I didn't go to the recent game v QPR, but where I live the majority of locals mostly support QPR.
A few I have spoken at my work went to the game and said what a 'lovely stadium' we have.
I guess its a compliment after where their fans have to watch QPR at a Subutteo stadium :rolleyes:
We are on the right track then, just need to get promoted. :albion2:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It might be a subutteo stadium but like the old Baseball Ground, the stands being close to the pitch make for a great atmosphere. Always quite enjoyed going there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unusual this.

Normally everyone who has seen their team beat us, declares it fantastic, and everyone who loses denounces it as shit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unusual this.

Normally everyone who has seen their team beat us, declares it fantastic, and everyone who loses denounces it as shit.

They do. However oddly enough, i saw several QPR tweets praising the Amex the very night we beat them which was nice.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There were 4 QPR on the P&R with me and as they got off and turned to the stadium, the sun was setting over it and it truly looked superb. As they walked down they were all raving about how good it looked. :blush:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
There was a thread on their board about the amex after the game - they all loved it hated the transport.. I hope the get their new stadium always liked QPR despite the recent spend spend spend policy....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Yes, that 100 metre walk to a FREE bus or train must have been really arduous for them.

They were mainly referring to the train issues - which on that particulary night there were loads of delays and problems with the trains. However I do agree with you - never really understood the transport moaners, when 27k people need to leave a stadium you are going to come across the odd queue...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Talking to some QPR fans from these parts about their visit to the Amex. Obviously they weren't happy about the result and feel Harry is losing the plot. However they did grudgingly admit to being 'quite impressed' and 'jealous'of the Amex - but the best bit was their reaction when they first walked from the away concourse onto the South East terrace and did a collective 'f****n hell that's magnificent' when they saw the West Stand in all its glory. They also conceded the noise made by Albion fans after we scored was impressive too.

Their other comment was it's good to see a newish stadium full of punters rather than the sad sight of empty places like the Riverside. They can't believe how we can sustain crowds of around 25k and admitted not being sure they could fill a 40k seater stadium as has been suggested if they replace Loftus Road.

:amex:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
but the best bit was their reaction when they first walked from the away concourse onto the South East terrace and did a collective 'f****n hell that's magnificent' when they saw the West Stand in all its glory.

As a West Stand Upper native this is the one thing I am yet to experience, seeing the West Stand full and celebrating a goal. Might have to consider going in the North for one game at some point just to experience that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here