Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Women: Reserves Title Success

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Coach Ed Stimpson was delighted with his side’s achievement and admitted that the season exceeded his expectations.

He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s brilliant to win the league; fellow coach Dan Wright and myself are really pleased with what we’ve achieved.“The girls were over the moon after the Tottenham game, and to go through the whole season unbeaten, dropping just six points, is a great achievement.
“My aim at the start of the campaign was to just develop the players we had and get a couple of players into the first team.
“We knew that we had a decent squad, but still had to compete against the likes of Charlton, West Ham, Tottenham and Portsmouth. So it underlines just how well the girls have played this season.”
Stimpson was also keen to praise the support of the whole women’s set-up, illustrating how important their backing has been in a memorable campaign.
He added, “We look to play the same formation as the first-team, so head coach John Donoghue and assistant coach Chris Stygal have been very helpful in enabling me to coach that side of things.
“Bridgitte Swales, our strength and conditioning coach, has also been key to our success, as we’ve come up against some very strong and physical teams.
“Ryan Tyler’s performance analysis was of great use going into Sunday’s game and helped us to prepare well, as is the ongoing support of Tracy Doe and all the club’s physios.
“Everyone has played their part.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here