Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plenty of fish

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
A friend of mine (yes I know that old chestnut!) has recently gone on POF the dating site. I helped him with his profile and left him to it. Today I asked him how he's getting on and he said oh it's great I've had 6 emails of girls wanting to meet me, trouble is the site wants £8 a month to allow me to respond to messages. I was led to believe that Plenty of fish was a free dating site? Now it's not the kind you just ask friends and family but is anyone on here able to admit using the site and explain to me how it works...... So I can pass on to my friend! ;)

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
It's for GRANT.... I promise!!!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My mate paid a 6 month membership, got laid plenty and is now married to one of the bints he found on there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thats probably right, It's free to post your profiles up and probably free to view. They have to get some money somewhere so in order to email you will have to bite the bullet (or your friend ) and splash the cash.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I think you need to be careful, the site www.pof.com is free to send/receive messages, but you can upgrade to allow additional things.

There are probably a load of similarly named sites, and I guess you've, sorry I mean your friend, been tricked into signing up for one of those.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Plenty of fish is free, or at least it always used to be. It sounds like you're being scammed by similar named site.

No need to be embarrassed about it; Internet dating is standard these days. I used it plenty during my single days and had a load of fun dates and a fair bit of sexy time with birds I met on there.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm on PoF, and I can confirm it is completely free. You can pay to upgrade for certain features, but the basic stuff is still free.

Got the app on my phone too, the "Meet Me" feature can be a bit of fun :)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
trouble is most of them look like Fish.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Defo a scam, POF is completely free for the basics including messaging, I suspect it's a rip off with some fake users scamming your cash.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Had zero success on there, although I suppose that says more about me and less about the site!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My mate from Bognor (honest) got talking to a girl on POF at 10'oclock on there one night and by 11.45 after exchanging messages and then a photo or 2 had shagged her in the front of his Nexus in a Rustington industrial estate.
Who said romance is dead.
That's good going none the less though isn't it ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My mate from Bognor (honest) got talking to a girl on POF at 10'oclock on there one night and by 11.45 after exchanging messages and then a photo or 2 had shagged her in the front of his Nexus in a Rustington industrial estate.
Who said romance is dead.
That's good going none the less though isn't it ?
Oh god, outside my work.

He's not a postie, is he?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here