Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Future in Safe Hands (Goalkeepers)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just thought I would bring this to attention if no one else has seen this;

Brighton & Hove Albion under-21 goalkeeping coach Mark Mason says the club's goalkeeping future is in safe hands.

The Seagulls have four young keepers coming through the ranks in Grant Smith, Josh Smith, Christian Walton and Oli Wray - and Mason works closely with all four as part of their ongoing development.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...n-safe-hands-1429866.aspx#KcyOQ3aw4LOVhYld.99

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That has to signal the end of Brez & Ankergren's time here, surely? If Walton is such a good prospect, and is driven to suceed, he won't want to be 3rd choice for the bench.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That has to signal the end of Brez & Ankergren's time here, surely? If Walton is such a good prospect, and is driven to suceed, he won't want to be 3rd choice for the bench.

I would have thought that one would be leaving. If Kuz got injured we would still need another on the bench whether Walton was second choice or not.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Southampton have just signed up as professional a lad called Harry Isted from Chichester area went to Chichester high school for boys where I saw him play a number of years ago ,and he was a very good prospect then .Very good keeper who has gone under the Albions radar in my opinion .

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Just thought I would bring this to attention if no one else has seen this;

Brighton & Hove Albion under-21 goalkeeping coach Mark Mason says the club's goalkeeping future is in safe hands.

The Seagulls have four young keepers coming through the ranks in Grant Smith, Josh Smith, Christian Walton and Oli Wray - and Mason works closely with all four as part of their ongoing development.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...n-safe-hands-1429866.aspx#KcyOQ3aw4LOVhYld.99

Read this earlier and couldn't stop laughing when Mason said the youngsters are learning from top class keepers in Sexy Pete and Custard Pie :facepalm:

I suggest we get rid of Mason if he thinks Pete & Casper are top class keepers.

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
Read this earlier and couldn't stop laughing when Mason said the youngsters are learning from top class keepers in Sexy Pete and Custard Pie :facepalm:

I suggest we get rid of Mason if he thinks Pete & Casper are top class keepers.

Distribution wise, they are very good imo. At actual Goalkeeping they are nowhere near TK's level but TK is woeful in the kicking department (which I find strange seeing as though he spent years at Man UTD where the keeper gets a lot of the ball)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Grant Smith is currently on loan at Bognor, who are flying up the table, they won away 3-1 last night and now up to 4th. Could we see Whitehawk come down and Bognor going up and replacing them?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Distribution wise, they are very good imo. At actual Goalkeeping they are nowhere near TK's level but TK is woeful in the kicking department (which I find strange seeing as though he spent years at Man UTD where the keeper gets a lot of the ball)

This is true, Brez's distribution and kicking is noticeably better than TK's in fairness.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
In recent times, we had two England Youth Goalkeepers in Richard Martin and John Sullivan and that didn't pan out exactly how we all hoped. With four on the books are we looking at sell ons or bringing them through?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Grant Smith is currently on loan at Bognor, who are flying up the table, they won away 3-1 last night and now up to 4th. Could we see Whitehawk come down and Bognor going up and replacing them?

Agreed Munkfish ,have watched Bognor a few times and he is a very good prospect also .I must admit I saw the Dulwich Hamlet match and Smith was more or less a spectator till the later stages but a very good loan for Bognor which is good for him .

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Agreed Munkfish ,have watched Bognor a few times and he is a very good prospect also .I must admit I saw the Dulwich Hamlet match and Smith was more or less a spectator till the later stages but a very good loan for Bognor which is good for him .

Yes he has looked good, only seen little bits and pieces, but looks a great keeper at that level at such a young age, great with his feet too.

Bognor have got quite a few ex albion at the moment. Hinshelwood, Chamberlin, Willis and Tuck. Terry Dodd is banging them in would be a great effort if they went up.

As for keepers as said above we have had some good youth keepers in the past, so it's going to be a mix of good loans and and first team experience in cup games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here