Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off dates

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Has anyone else noticed they've switched the order around so instead of playing on the Monday the Championship final is on the Saturday?

Why have they done that? It makes much more sense to build up in the normal L2, L1, Championship order

On a personal note I'm now completely fecked as I can't get there on the Saturday

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Perhaps so the CHamp teams get first and best use of the pitch!? Imagine it must cut up quite a bit over the three matches...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If you look at 14/15 that is back the other way around, I assume it is because of the world cup finals in order to give Rohan Ince two more days rest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On a personal note I'm now completely fecked as I can't get there on the Saturday
Firstly, I'm quite liking that. I feel our chances of making it have just doubled. Secondly, what in the world could be happening that means you can't make it? Sister getting married?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Firstly, I'm quite liking that. I feel our chances of making it have just doubled. Secondly, what in the world could be happening that means you can't make it? Sister getting married?

Birthday present .. going to Monaco GP! Of course I'll enjoy that but the prospect of missing us playing at Wembley isn't a pleasant one and likely ruin the entire bloody weekend!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Birthday present .. going to Monaco GP! Of course I'll enjoy that but the prospect of missing us playing at Wembley isn't a pleasant one and likely ruin the entire bloody weekend!!
Oh dear. I will point out, that if we happen to get to the playoffs, and we get through to the final, you'll have a very pleasant weekend if we win. If we get there and lose, then it's basically your fault for putting an F1 precession ahead of BHA.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Oh dear. I will point out, that if we happen to get to the playoffs, and we get through to the final, you'll have a very pleasant weekend if we win. If we get there and lose, then it's basically your fault for putting an F1 precession ahead of BHA.

LOL ... blame the Mrs!!

Isn't it the same day as the champions league final, if so I would imagine it will be 12:15 or even 12:00 to allow for extra time and penalties before 3pm

I friggin hope not ... at least if it's 3.00 I might catch it on TV somewhere. The CL final is an evening KO so no reason to bring forward KO to lunchtime ???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005

It's pretty clear what you need to do. Surely the actualy race is on the sunday. So you could watch the play off final then whizz over to Monaco with the warm glow or disgust at your newly found premiership fan status.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Bloody hell i am away with family that weekend. Not back till Monday. If we are there think i will have to take the plunge and drive back. Ahhh. Why is it not monday as normal.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Has anyone else noticed they've switched the order around so instead of playing on the Monday the Championship final is on the Saturday?

Why have they done that? It makes much more sense to build up in the normal L2, L1, Championship order

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Was you going no matter who gets to the final then?
Some people have not learnt from last season have they.:shootself

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bizarrely, this morning was also the first time I decided to check the play off final dates and clear it with the wife.

No doubt our play-off aspirations will nose dive now. :down:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's pretty clear what you need to do. Surely the actualy race is on the sunday. So you could watch the play off final then whizz over to Monaco with the warm glow or disgust at your newly found premiership fan status.

Yes except the tickets even for the Saturday are absurdly expensive, and bought already :down:

I'm hoping this speculation of a 12.00-12.30 KO is bollox .. if it's 3.00 (4.00 France) I'll at least be able to do both .. if not might (will) have to do as you suggest.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Was you going no matter who gets to the final then?
Some people have not learnt from last season have they.:shootself

No ... but then the final has "always" been on a Monday so why change now? I'm not sure I buy into the "pitch deteriorating" argument even though I can't think of any better

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No ... but then the final has "always" been on a Monday so why change now? I'm not sure I buy into the "pitch deteriorating" argument even though I can't think of any better

It hasn't. The year we went up after Cardiff, Palace had played in their play-off final the day before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here