Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any tips for pubs, cafés and restaurants in Eastbourne?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I'm bringing a group of Austria's finest schoolkids over on a language trip in the next few weeks and we'll be staying in Eastbourne.

Now, that means I should have plenty of free hours to get to know this jewel of the Sussex coast - can anyone recommend any decent pubs, cafés or restaurants (preferably Indian or fish and chips)?

Thanks a lot!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
There's a brilliant fish and chip shop outside the shopping centre opposite blacks.They've got a takeaway bit and a resturant bit. (If you do go there, get a ginger bread latte from them. It's the only time I've ever seen a bloke chose not to get a second pint and get a latte instead after trying a sip of one).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Nope.....

This, there isnt anything in Eastbourne to be honest. Better off going on to Brighton.

Also must assume this will be the start of the annual foreign student Sussex influx, which means you wont get a seat on a train or bus, thats if you even get on one, you get shoved out of the way in queues in shops as some think they can do what the hell they like and they often have a habit of just crossing the road in front of oncoming traffic. The Spanish are the worst i should add. Austrians should be fine. If you do go anywhere, book in advance - but something British might be an idea.

There's a brilliant fish and chip shop outside the shopping centre opposite blacks.They've got a takeaway bit and a resturant bit. (If you do go there, get a ginger bread latte from them. It's the only time I've ever seen a bloke chose not to get a second pint and get a latte instead after trying a sip of one).

True, it is nice in there, but it is quite small - depends on the group size.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nope.....

Just drive straight through it is not a place for children or anyone under the age of 50.....

Keep driving and head for Deal !!

Completely wrong. You may be thinking of Bexhill. Lots of young families in Eastbourne. Lots of things to do and see.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
For pubs try South Street in the town centre: The Eagle, Dew Drop Inn and Dolphin are all fairly nice and do good food too.
Eastbourne has plenty of Indian restaurants, but none of them are spectacular. Seafront Tandoori is usually pretty reliable.
The best fish and chip shops are Odyssey (this is the one countryman mentioned above - in the town centre) and the Trident, which is in Old Town (about 25 minutes walk out of the town centre). Harry Ramsdens is awful, and Qualisea is on the decline.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The Lamb Inn in 'Old Town' is a smashing pub
'Exquis' in Pevensey Road is cracking value for money food wise, I've not had a bad meal in there.
Away from town The Castle Inn in Pevensey Bay is smashing .... in fact I'm heading there tonight
The Yummy Noodle bar in the market by the railway station's pretty good
pub wise for football I wouldn't particularly recommend any of them, The Windsor at a push, I think The Eagle still shows football, which is OK (apart from the name)
There's a couple of OK Italian restaurants by the memorial roundabout

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Completely wrong. You may be thinking of Bexhill. Lots of young families in Eastbourne. Lots of things to do and see.

Nope I was thinking of Eastbourne....

Attachments

• article-2465490-18CE899700000578-420_634x401.jpg
    article-2465490-18CE899700000578-420_634x401.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 287

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Italian, Picassos in Mark Lane but booking is essential. Indian, Premier Balti in susans Road (it's a bit "rustic" but the grub is top notch) or Spice Garden in church Street.
Pubs, the Lamb is very nice these days (Except I'm not allowed in there because a bloke the Mrs used to know "might be in there" FFS)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah, don't be too generous if you do an OAP discount, you will go bust.

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
Rather live in Eastbourne than Brighton. Yeah Brighton has way more to offer in clubs, pubs, bars and restaurants. Love going for the day and evening but to actually live there.... Nah.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Another vote for Seafront Tandoori here.

Bibendums is a pub/restaurant just opposite the town hall and is pretty good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here