Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Hoskins: Knee Feels Like New

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Will Hoskins says his knee feels better than ever after he made his latest bid for a first-team recall with an impressive display for the under-21s in their 2-1 friendly victory over Bournemouth on Monday at Withdean.

The Brighton & Hove Albion striker told seagulls.co.uk, “The knee doesn’t even feel like I’ve had surgery on it, I don’t even think about it out there and I think that’s the main positive.“Getting a goal is one thing, but getting through another 90 minutes is fantastic – and I’m not holding back and I feel really good.

“I’m still trying to get that little bit of extra sharpness, that I know I have, maybe I’m being a bit sceptical. I always want to better myself, so I will keep working on that.

“I’ve been out for a year, but since I’ve been at the club I’ve hardly been able to feature due to injuries, so to be say I’m champing at the bit is an understatement.“I managed to get back last February and then I got injured and I wasn’t available for that final push and that hurt me.* This time I hope it will be a role reversal and I’ll be part of that final push.”
Hoskins travelled with the squad to Bolton Wanderers last Saturday, but wasn’t involved in the 18-man squad at the Reebok Stadium – but says he would love to feature in one of the next two games at the Amex.
*“It was a bit of an ant-climax when I found out I wasn’t involved, I didn’t know anything until the team was named. It was just my own emotions. I got really high being named in the squad. Then it was a natural feeling – but it was fantastic we got the win with two great goals from Bucka.
“If and when it does happen I will be over the moon. There would be nothing better than being involved for one of the two games coming up at the Amex, because the fans have been brilliant. They have been right behind me, as has everyone at the club.
“Everybody has been really helpful and I haven’t felt on my own at any time. It would be brilliant to get out there and get a good reception; that’s the dream.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here