Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyprus tourism help

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i went to paphos last year! the weather was hsit when i went, so i didnt catch it at the best time! But a drive through the mountains to POLIS is nice, lovely drive, snowy mountains and in polis is a nice old town, orange and lemon fields everywhere (nicest oranges) nice day!

good mini golf course in paphos and even got cosmic bowling.

look out for the SEAGULLS resturant (blue and white too) on the main paphos strip. I had my pic taken outside it with my brighton shirt on.

Cyprus_map.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
it's a fantastic island, depends what you want but as a regular visitor myself I woudl reccomend hiring a car (with aircon cos it's going to be serioulsy hot) and getting out and about.

Reccomendations,

Troodos mountains, glorious, do the Artemis walk, about 2 hours, and have lunch at the kebab van at the top.

Limassol Wine Festival, end of August/beginning of September.

Beaches, search out some of the more deserted ones, Coral Bay, Turtle Beach and the like, but don't disturb the turtle nests, in fact you'll be there at the right time to see them hatching.

Paphos has the most amazing roman and greek ruins, Tombs of the Kings.

Also, Curium ancient city down near Limassol is outstanding.

Of course, if you want to get drunk and have that sort of a holiday Paphos is ideal, not my cup of tea though.

If you get bored it's worth making a trip to Nicosia, and going over the border into the North, the North is spectacular, the people are super friendly,and the scenerey is awesome, get a taxi from Nicosia to Kyrenia and have lunch in Kyrenia harbour, the most beautiful place in the Med, cab should cost about £20 maximum, and it will be well worth it.

I have also been to see a number of footie matches in Cyprus, I highly reccomend them, they are histerical, the standadr is ppor but the fans are mental, if you don't have any bottles or fireworks when you go in, they give you some.

All in all, it's a favourite of Superwife and mine, we go 2 or 3 times each year, and it's not lost it's appeal.

Have a great time, and take some good sunscreen!

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I've said it before and I'll say it again; check out Nicosia - full of beautiful and friendly women and the border with Turkish Cyprus there has got to be seen to be believed.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Also, Curium ancient city down near Limassol is outstanding.

There's a beautiful beach on the bay below Curium, ideal way to cool off after walking around the ruins

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I went to Paphos in February. Not a whole lot to do in the town itself, except spending a day going around the Tombs of the Kings and another archaeological site close to the harbour. There is a road in the centre of town - about 1/2 mile long - with bars and clubs lining it, side by side. One of the Greek/Aussie/West Ham supporting barman in Aces tried to get my girlfriend into a store cupboard tho after plying us with free drinks all night, so be careful of that guy. I'm not bitter.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Phaedrus said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again; check out Nicosia - full of beautiful and friendly women and the border with Turkish Cyprus there has got to be seen to be believed.

Even more so from the Turkish side...get there early and you can cross into Northern Cyprus for the day. Checkpoint at the old Ledra Palace Hotel.

We've just returned from our fourth trip to Pafos in 4 years and will be going again in October.

Must sees:

The Mosaics by the harbour

Fabrica Hill-rock cuts and mosaics everywhere

The George and Dragon Pub by the Daphne taxi offices (say hello to Marios)

Coral Bay Beach

Restaurants: Viva Cyprus-set menu £5.95 and you'll be STUFFED; Othello's near the G&D-grilled Sea Bream...mmmmm

Sea Caves and Lara Beach to the west of Pafos

Drive up the coast from Polis to Pyrgos...just keep driving and you'll eventually meet the friendly soldier preventing you from crossing the Green Line (beware the old people sitting under the shade trees-they spring to life as you approach waving bags of fruit at you).

Cyprus is FANTASTIC...

Buy small bottles of Keo 'cos the large ones get warm before you finish 'em!

Get yourself a car before you go. Holiday Autos are pretty good. Collect car a 10 minute walk from the harbour and drop it off at the airport-then you can go to the small, uncrowded beach opposite the airport and get your final dip in the med just before checking in. Get some cheapo towels and throw them in the skip before heading to the airport 2 minutes away. fantastic stress free end to your holiday.

You lucky, lucky people-there is shit loads to see and do, one trip ain't enough!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's a wonderful Island - as Superphil said do not miss the opportunity to go to the Troodos mountains.

I have never seen a climate change so quickly - you have been warned !

rubelro

Sep 19, 2017
Hey there

I also want to go there and took some information about that place, the temperature little bit high in Paphos. If you are visiting Paphos in June to September then you have chosen the best time to go there. Paphos is known for its warn climate and that's due to its location on the south-west coast of the Mediterranean, in Cyprus.Paphos is home to the Mount Olympus, which offers shelter from heavy rainfall. The mountainous region also protects the east coast from harsh winds. However, if you’re staying in the north or south of the island, you can expect cooling western winds coming in from the Mediterranean.If you 're going to paphos then keep this the things in mind. Hope it would help you.
Thanks!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Went years ago to Cyprus it was nice. Once you go to Turkey you won't bother with this island no more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here