Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booking a hotel in London. Any good web sites?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I stayed in the St Pancras hotel last time I was in London.

If you like architecture + luxury and don't mind spending a few quid, it's one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Hotels.com booked via topcashback gets 15% cash back

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Use last minute.com secret hotels. Cut and paste the hotel description into google and often you can get the hotel name. If not no problem, have used a number of times and always good value.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
London bridge hotel, by the station and tubes minutes from South Bank and Shard and good value for London.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If there's just 2 of you, i.e. no kids and you don't really mind where you stay other than it's in a particular area then use Priceline...

http://www.priceline.com/promo/name_your_own_price/hotels

You bid for a hotel in a certain area of a certain star rating for certain night(s). So you can, say, got for Mayfair 4* and above so you know you'll get a good hotel. We've often used it for nights in London and stayed in excellent hotels, including places like the 5* Grosvenor House on Park Lane for a fraction of the price you'd pay elsewhere.

The site Better Bidding, link below, is excellent to help you with the process and helps you be confident of identifying certain hotels or trying to secure certain hotels...

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=177

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
We've stayed at the Great Northern Hotel by St Pancras a couple of times recently. The rooms are small but it's a really nice place. It's a bit pricey but Expedia and Quidco helped. Had dinner in the restaurant last time which wasn't cheap but really really good.

As well as tea/ coffee in your room, each floor has its own 'pantry' with the same plus cakes, biscuits, macaroons, jars of sweets, newspapers. They don't take the piss in terms of what they charge if you use the minibar and they ask you to be honest about what you've had.

One word of warning ... rooms on the top floor have sloping ceilings in places. You might find depending on the layout of your room the person sleeping furthest from the bathroom has to remember this if they get up in the night. If you forget and you're about say 5' 10" you might **** yourself right on the nose and hurt yourself ... a lot!

But we think it's a really nice place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here