Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus / ’11 things’ / Clickbait / Lists / moan moan moan

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
[moan]

I see that the Argus are now running such stories such as the below, entitled “11 things children growing up in 1980s Brighton experienced”. As you’d expect it looks like a poor man’s Poke article, into which they’ve ham-fistedly shoved a few obvious things that happened at the time, but I’d like to quietly register my intense & growing dislike for these types of things.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11082673.display/

Not that I expected better from the Argus, you understand.

[/moan]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh dear. It's the Argus does Buzzfeed.

When Buzzfeed is done well like Chailey Jems or an excellent spoof one I saw about a "racist toy" they're brilliant. This is just tiresome content recycling however. Yes I remember Potters. Now f**k off.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's Tim with Jo Wadsworth and stuff from Brighton past contributors. Look out for the Children of Mile Oak.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've noticed some of their articles on the albion seem to be about provoking debate/binfests in their comments section rather than actually being about news.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Timmy what have done now ?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Has anyone got a photo of the Athina B with 'Lambrettas' written on the side in huge white letters?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry didn't realise I had a by-line

My guess is that when Jo was on one of her regular trawls round here to drum up interest in her ever more irrelevant rag, she was looking for someone desperate enough to write something so bad it would go viral due to its awfulness. On that front 7/10.

D

Deleted User X18H

My guess is that when Jo was on one of her regular trawls round here to drum up interest in her ever more irrelevant rag, she was looking for someone desperate enough to write something so bad it would go viral due to its awfulness. On that front 7/10.

You're right it has gone viral.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here