Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would be your centre half pairing on Saturday?

Which centre half pairing would you play on Saturday?

• Dunk/Greer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunk/Upson

Votes: 53 58.9%
  • Greer/Upson

Votes: 37 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Only three choices I think.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Its a real show of strength that I don't think either combination weakens us.

If push came to shove I'd go Dunk/Upson because I think Dunk gives us a bit more composure on the ball and looks to play it more often than Greer.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
What a great headache to have! Facts are Upson is the best centre half I've seen play for the Albion in 25 years+ supporting the Albion, Greer is right up there too alongside Morgan & Cullip. And Dunk is probably the best young defender I've seen and I'm certain if he stays fit and keeps his mind on football his not going to be far away from full International honours within the next four years.

I voted Dunk/Upson but any of the combinations would do a great job, although Upson has to start for my money.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Dunk / Upson for me but like Big nuts says above, what a choice, it's a dilemma but an enjoyable one

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Greer / Upson. Experience required at this time. Dunk will be first choice soon enough.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
what about playing all 3 with bruno and ward as wing backs

This would be an interesting choice but I fear it would leave us overrun in midfield. Tinkering with the formation during the run-in could be a potentially very bad decision. If Oscar was ever going to try it he'd do it in a pre-season friendly.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Greer and Upson

All the positivity posted on the media today with regards to Dunk and long term future in my opinion is ahead of a place back on the bench on Saturday.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
This would be an interesting choice but I fear it would leave us overrun in midfield. Tinkering with the formation during the run-in could be a potentially very bad decision. If Oscar was ever going to try it he'd do it in a pre-season friendly.
i know but i dont feel you should drop dunk hes played really well in the games hes played in and i would play upson and dunk and leave greer on the bench

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Greer/Upson ... not that I'd be too bothered by any combination but think the benefit of experience coming into this phase of the season will be invaluable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here