Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If England miss Qatar.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Say, just suppose England put out a less than good team in the qualifiers and - shock horror - failed to qualify for this tarnished event, could our league programme go ahead unaffected ? Yes, I'm aware lots of players would still be missing - in some cases quite a lot of players could be in it for other nations, but I'm probably not alone in thinking that our regular football is more important than some crappy carnival designed only to line the pockets of those "governing" the game.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I still think we should boycott it anyway, and thought that before this obvious (although as yet unproven) speculation / evidence of corruption.

But yes, I think we should insist that our domestic league goes ahead as normal - would make it very interesting at at least.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Heart says Boycott the event and don't enter, head says we need their gas...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The premier league would be down to a 5-a-side competition if you took all the johnny-foreigners out :eek:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Say, just suppose England put out a less than good team in the qualifiers and - shock horror - failed to qualify for this tarnished event, could our league programme go ahead unaffected ? Yes, I'm aware lots of players would still be missing - in some cases quite a lot of players could be in it for other nations, but I'm probably not alone in thinking that our regular football is more important than some crappy carnival designed only to line the pockets of those "governing" the game.

I think the highlighted words are redundant.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Surely FIFA could order the suspension of domestic competitions where squads are depleted?

It's about time someone did a "Russia" on FIFA and took over this bunch of crooks to create an honest organisation to run the game. Problem is it would take a revolution that would take some time to resolve and I don't think world football would be prepared to bite the bullet and miss out on income for a few years.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The Premier League/Football League could refuse to suspend the domestic program and clubs could refuse to release players.

In reality there's not a hope in hell of that happening as all these organisations, even non-corrupt ones like the PL/FL/FA are all in a "good lads club" and will never upset the status quo.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Because the silly old FA duffers couldn't be bothered with Johnny Foreigner. Football is run by the worst sort of chancer.

The FA appeared quite indifferent to the growth of football abroad. In 1902 the Netherlands FA suggested European unity, an international championship and uniformity of the laws in all countries.

When the French mooted a ‘European Federation’, they received this reply: “The Council of the Football Association cannot see the advantages of such a Federation, but on all matters upon which joint action was desirable they would be prepared to confer”.

England weren’t one of the original members of FIFA, founded in Paris in 1904, but within two years The FA had ‘formally approved’ the existence of the new body and sent a powerful delegation to a FIFA conference in Berne. Daniel Woolfall, from Lancashire, was elected FIFA president.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here