Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Mackail-Smith Desperate to Return

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Get priority for 2014/15 season tickets. Join the season ticket waiting list with Bronze membership.

Craig Mackail-Smith wants to make up for the agony of missing last year's play-offs and help fire Brighton & Hove Albion to a top-six finish - and then play his part in this season's Championship play-offs.
The striker returned to action for Albion's under-21s in a Withdean friendly against AFC Bournemouth yesterday afternoon, and afterwards told seagulls.co.uk he can't wait to return to first-team action.He said, "It was hard missing out on the play-offs last year, it wasn't easy watching the two games against Crystal Palace. I was really twitchy and kicking every ball.
"I'm desperate to get out there and play my part for the first team, but I will need to see what the medical staff and Oscar say in terms of returning for the first-team."

The Seagulls striker admitted he enjoyed his 45-minute run out, adding, "I felt good out there, I wanted to play on after half-time, but it's important to manage things having been out for so long - and suffered a delay earlier this year.*"I feel stronger than when I played that one game in January, and the extra time has enabled me to build up my strength and I now feel ready to go - but it might be a case of playing 60 minutes, then 90 minutes before coming back for the first team.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

"Of course, I would love to be involved on Saturday, even if it was just for five minutes, but I will have to wait and see. For now, I am looking forward to playing in next week's under-21 game."That one is against Queens Park Ranges at the Amex, so it will be great to get back out there and play. It's been hard coming to the stadium and not being able to play.
"The lads are in great form and it won't be easy to get back into the squad, but it's great to be coming back with them doing so well in the Championship.
"When you look at the table, the fixtures, it looks like it could be an exciting finish and we have as good a chance as anyone - but as Oscar has said many times, it's important we take one game at a time."

UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

Albion v Middlesbrough:
Saturday 29th March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here