Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newbie and the Amex - 2014/15

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I'm relocating over the summer to BN2. I love my live local football and am seriously considering getting a season ticket at the Amex next season. I've joined bronze membership. Having never been to the Amex, are there any recommendations as to the best seats to go for? I like a midfield view, not blinded by sun, free of driving rain, probably close to the buses for exiting. I've seen the pricing for next season - £650 would be my max on current championship pricing. Also, it appears there is a waiting list for season tickets - just wondering the likelihood of me getting one in a spot of my choosing? Thanks for any advice.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
East stand gets the sun and is closer to a library than a football stand.

South stand nearest the buses .SW corner very vocal and we have more flags than anywhere else! And with Wives and Girlfriends above us, the SW corner is where the players run to if they score in the southern goal.

North stand noisiest and you will see more of the goals close up (as our ratio of goals in north to goals in south is ridiculous!)

But both N & S can have "restricted" views of the opposite goal depending on how close to the pitch you are.

West is compromise all round.

Welcome. Enjoy your stay.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If you are not on the waiting list you will almost certainly still get one. The chief benefit of being on the waiting list is that they get first choice of tickets - including those which come available in the best parts of the stadium by people not renewing.

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea

South stand nearest the buses .SW corner very vocal and we have more flags than anywhere else! And with Wives and Girlfriends above us, the SW corner is where the players run to if they score in the southern goal.

North stand noisiest and you will see more of the goals close up (as our ratio of goals in north to goals in south is ridiculous!)But both N & S can have "restricted" views of the opposite goal depending on how close to the pitch you are.

What is the ratio of goals at either end?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Last stat I saw it was 80/20 (not sure how true this was and relates to a couple of seasons back) - that was when Poyet insisted that the away fans be put in the SE corner to have home fans behind both goals. South stand tends to be the match-by-match sales so can be sparsely populated and the SE corner is now empty because the East Library complained about riff raff being put near them. Therefore away fans get about 1/3 - 1/2 of the south and there are often lots of empty seats between them and the SW corner (which is pretty much full).

Don't think the ratio is quite that one way this season, but someone will jump in and throw a real stat in at some point.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

North stand noisiest and you will see more of the goals close up (as our ratio of goals in north to goals in south is ridiculous!)

But both N & S can have "restricted" views of the opposite goal depending on how close to the pitch you are.

This shouldn't necessarily be seen as a negative ...wear a baseball cap and you won't have any issues with watching...and its nice and warm..and the atmosphere can be good on occasions

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Blimey, someones asked for a stat. Ackers probably getting an erection as we speak! No doubt he'll log on in a mo to check why he's getting a stirring downstairs!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
This shouldn't necessarily be seen as a negative ...wear a baseball cap and you won't have any issues with watching...and its nice and warm..and the atmosphere can be good on occasions

I would rather sit in the sun personally, but it was mentioned by OP as an issue, that's all.

C'mon though... the East stand is never particularly animated! It often looks like there is just a large cardboard cutout of a crowd in place because there's so little movement/sound!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I would rather sit in the sun personally, but it was mentioned by OP as an issue, that's all.

C'mon though... the East stand is never particularly animated! It often looks like there is just a large cardboard cutout of a crowd in place because there's so little movement/sound!

lol...not near me.... i'm often out of my seat and always end up with a croaky voice.....but most of the rest.. ye you are right....does depend what you like though :)

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
lol...not near me.... i'm often out of my seat and always end up with a croaky voice.....but most of the rest.. ye you are right....does depend what you like though :)

Have sat in 1901 seats in the East, just at the halfway line and enjoyed the view, but I'd rather be where I am (front of SW corner) even though the low perspective on the pitch means I have no idea whether the ball in the northern box or the centre circle! The atmosphere in our corner is getting better as the season progresses, with the large banner and flags, its a great place to be. (Have also sat in North, WSU and West 1901, so have reasonable comparisons around the ground).

My son had said for the last two seasons that he wanted to be in the north stand (but only being 10, I was worried he'd be too short) and when I asked this year if he wanted to move, he actually said he wanted a few more seasons where we are. He's very happy and feels a great sense of identity as a "South Stand Brighton Boy" this season.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

I sat in the 1901 section of the East Lower for one game in our first season. A friend couldn't go so I blagged his ticket for the day, pulling rank on my son and giving him my NS ticket. I hated it!! Everytime I stood up getting a bit animated, I was getting stared at. I was expecting them to place their index fingers over lips and tell me to Shhhhhhhhhh.

Ideal stand for some people. Not for me I'm afraid.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I sat in the 1901 section of the East Lower for one game in our first season. A friend couldn't go so I blagged his ticket for the day, pulling rank on my son and giving him my NS ticket. I hated it!! Everytime I stood up getting a bit animated, I was getting stared at. I was expecting them to place their index fingers over lips and tell me to Shhhhhhhhhh.

Ideal stand for some people. Not for me I'm afraid.

LOl... get the impression we're not selling the East stand to the OP!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
...wear a baseball cap and you won't have any issues with watching...

Now if only someone had told this Palace fan about that :lolol:

palacefanfail.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Somewhere near the front of the WSU, preferably centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here