Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA and the Qatari corruption 'scandal'.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm shocked that people think that Qatar's bid was in any way corrupt.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So...footballing powerhouse Qatar wasn't given the World Cup on merit then?!

Which was your favourite Qatar national side? I liked them back in the 80s, they really were untouchable as a World footballing force.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I want them to nail Platini, the smug faced garlic eating, onion wearing shitbag.

After he voted for Qatar,

The Qataris bought PSG, whom Sarkozy supports (and was also at a dinner with Platini where they were hosted by the Qatari royals)
Concluded major trade deals with France.
Platini's son, Laurent, a lawyer, was recruited as the chief executive of Burdda, a Qatari-owned sports kit company.

He even had joked that he hasn't been to Qatar in the summer because 'It's too hot'

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Warner is merely the tip of the iceberg. FIFA appears institutionally corrupt and until they get the top man and clear out his cronies there will always be questions about their voting system.

I'm sure Blatter will be looking to shrug off this latest allegation but I do hope that having the FBI on their case will now give him and his mates a few sleepless nights.

There will be a few national football associations queuing up to sue FIFA if these allegations are proven. The Aussies and US both spent big money on their World Cup bids and have already stated they will be looking for redress if corruption is proved. I guess they will be very happy to co-operate with the FBI.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great stuff from the Telegraph, doing this country a national service. Let's hope that weasel Warner gets what he deserves. I was amazed at the time he was banished that there were not more serious criminal charges to be faced.

The really good news here is that the FBI are involved, probably driven by the fact that the USA were one of the countries most shafted by the Qatar decision.

That means far greater access to bank details etc than virtually anyone else could muster with their resources. And I suspect that is very bad news not only for Warner, but Blatter, and a lot of the others.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end, but I would like to see people jailed, not signing confidentiality clauses and shopping others.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Why does every nation not just announce a boycott of the competition? It is an absolute, total and utter farce.

With widespread protests set to disrupt the WC in Brazil and Russia's antics in Ukraine casting doubt on the 2018 tournament which is likely to lead to some nations boycotting it I really hope we might see FIFA start to crumble and reach a tipping point causing it to collapse in a dirty corrupt mess with all it's weasely back stabbing tosspot members falling over themselves to stitch each other up.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
The scary thing is, how they just keep denying there is a problem, that's the true scandal!

Whatever corruption they uncover, wont be a surprise to anyone, and if im being honest, nothing will shock me, as everybody knows Blatter is the most corrupt of them all, so to hear some low level fifa scumbag accepted prostitutes, or millions, or free oil for life, nobody will be surpised

i cannot wait until somebody uncovers it all and to watch it all unfold, and to hear the news Blatter has been found hung in his bedroom somewhere, most likely with Platini also found dead, with his head up Blatters ass

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
So did England dont forget,..........there could be a big push on Sepp's offshore accounts soon,..... lets bloody hope so.

Quite, I was making the point that at last it isn't just 'the English media' that have been crying foul about FIFA (as Blatter used to have the world believe). Our own FIFA delegate may have fallen on his sword in protest at the Qatar vote, but it is really good to see other national associations now queuing up to give FIFA a legal kicking. Bring it on.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Obviously great news that the bunch of corrupt tossers are being investigated by the FBI, but should there be a clean sweep, who replaces them, and what are the guarantees that we won't end up with more corrupt tossers!? Unfortunately, this is culturally the way of doing business still in many regions of the world.

I'm not sure what the answer is but obviously getting rid of this lot is a step in the right direction. There will be a void for a while though and not sure who steps into that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here