Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Franz Ferdinand

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What a gig! What a back catalogue.

Anyone else shout out "Seagulls!" in response to "Eagulls" (what a shite name for a band!)?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Dome was sold out according to The Dome website earlier today bluenose. Maybe Barber is moonlighting at The Dome ticket office.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Was drinking in a pub by the Dome and a fair few people came in having walked out of the FF gig as the band "weren't heavy enough". It was a very papered crowd by all accounts. Heard of them, but not heard anything by them, and wasn't at the gig myself so can't comment personally - and there were some people in later who had travelled over from Finland for the gig and loved it - but it seemed a very polarised response.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I really enjoyed it, took a few tracks to get going but they seemed to relax and grow in confidence as the gig wore on, which in turn heightened the crowd response.

As someone mentioned before a underrated back catalogue, every track has been or has the potential to be a hit.

I listened back to their first album 2 weeks ago for the first time in several years, and its such a great album. I buy so much new music its good to go back to a few old classics.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Other than that Matinee song they did (which makes me want to punch each band member square in the balls), I think they're pretty great. Not sure why they've gone off the radar of late.

What's their newer material like?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I accidentally saw them en Paris last summer, and (likely nonsensically) realised they are the best pop band Britain has at the moment. I also foolishly bought tickets for their gig in Glasgow next week, which I now can't attend, if anyone wants two tickets. But anyway, their latest album is great and I think they're taken for granted, as much as an arena-filling band can be.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Think it was sold out , I`m guessing for safety reasons they can only sell a certain amount and the standing area seemed pretty full.
Not a massive fan but my girlfriend likes them , thought they were pretty polished through out.

Support band weren`t good, couldn`t understand a single lyric and every song sounded the same.

Maybe I`m just too old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here