Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Longest run without missing a competitive Albion game, home and away..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A mate of mine supporters Saints and hasn't missed a game home, away, league or cup for 34 years (except once when away supporters were banned).

Just wondered if anyone gets near that..

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I used to know a guy in the mid 80's that had seen something like 700 consecutive Albion games home and away. I'm sure he received an award from the club. His name was Graham, I can't remember his surname though, I'm sure someone on here will know him, I think he worked for the Inland Revenue. I did see him a few months ago, he only goes to amateur games nowadays.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I used to know a guy in the mid 80's that had seen something like 700 consecutive Albion games home and away. I'm sure he received an award from the club. His name was Graham, I can't remember his surname though, I'm sure someone on here will know him, I think he worked for the Inland Revenue. I did see him a few months ago, he only goes to amateur games nowadays.

I think you mean Graham "doc" Talbert. As well as ground hopping he watches albion cup games only these daysc

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
In the late eighties early nineties I did 315 consecutive home and away games before breaking the run to attend a friends wedding. I hardly watch football these days as other things have taken over my life now but do enjoy going when I can even if I am a jinx as I seem to see more loses than wins.

I also know Doc Talbot very well and could mention a few stories the man used to get up too but won't on here.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The guy who won the FA award last night for best fan was a Leeds fan and has done over 2000 consecutive, back in 87 he went on holiday to Tenerife for a week and flew back not once but twice in that week for games !
Unbelievable Jeff !

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I didn't realise 'Doc' was that old. I remember seeing him get thrown out at Leyton Orient, when we lost 3-0 and were absolutely dire (Peter Shilton's 1000th game). I don't know him personally, but I heard he hadn't missed a game since Halifax away in 71 or something, until he stopped going of course. Anyone know why he stopped? (I'm guessing it must have been around the time we moved to the Amex).

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Jeesez....and I thought my missing only two 'home' games since we left the Goldstone was pretty good....fair play to them.

Good going :clap2:

I thought only missing 2 or maybe 3 home games since we moved to The Amex was good haha

I think you mean Graham "doc" Talbert. As well as ground hopping he watches albion cup games only these daysc

Why doesnt he come to The Amex?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I did one full season first back in the champ and that was enough. Im fact it was actually the last few games home and away at withers then that full season.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A few seasons back a Woeking fan got to 999 on the trot,on the way to his 1000th game on the trot on a coach to Halifax it broke down .

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
There's a Forfar Athletic season ticket holder who lives in Southampton! He apparently hasn't missed a game for years. He was featured on Meridian a few years back.

Surprisingly, he is married.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here