Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Museum now open

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Better late than never. :clap:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Interesting that it's only going to be open on Saturday match days between 9 and 11. Wonder what the reason is for that?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting that it's only going to be open on Saturday match days between 9 and 11. Wonder what the reason is for that?

I would guess it's an access issue and maybe the only way in is via Dick's. If not quite that, I'm sure it will be related to Dick's as the two areas are very close.

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro

Just to be pedantic and avoid any confusion - it's not "only open on Saturday match days"!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Opening times:

Monday: 2pm-6pm
Tuesday: 10am-2pm
Wednesday: 2pm-6pm
Thursday: 10am-2pm
Saturday (non-matchday):10am-2pm
Saturday (matchday with 3pm kick-off): 9am-11am

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Literally true, but a bit grudging given the huge effort put into the museum by a number of volunteers, and one in particular.

True, but...some people's little snipes get more easily ignored than others', shall we say.

Fantastic work - can't wait to see it when I'm over, whenever that might be.

How on earth did that Seagulls Special sign survive all these years? Anyone know its provenance, to use the posh curating term?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
2u9h.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Went in there this lunchtime (I was the only visitor for much of the time). What a fantastic achievement by all concerned to a) make it happen at all and b) produce such a fascinating exhibition. Something there for everyone. Quite eerie in a way to see memories of what only seemed like yesterday preserved for future generations of Albion fans. Very highly recommend a visit.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Went in there this morning and thought it was superb.

It's taken a while to get it up and running but it's certainly well worth it. So glad we took the time to look round.

It's very nostalgic and full of amazing memorabilia, and also very well laid out. So well done to all those, especially Tim Carder, who organised this.

Definitely a "must" for all Albion fans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That fooled us for a while. I think there should be a sign of sorts put up there. It's a bit confusing.

I mentioned it to the gentleman manning the museum. He's sent an email to the person in charge of signage. Just a very minor teething problem as you might expect there to be one or two of in the first couple of days of opening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here