Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dissertation survey about ticket prices

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Hi all, please can you complete my dissertation survey regarding ticket prices. I know it says Premier League but please just fill in in regards to Brighton or whoever you support. Only 10 short multiple choice questions and will take a minute. Thanks in advance.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/J3ZDXHF

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I do more homework on here lately than I did at school.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Done.

Its a bit of a rubbish survey though, Dan. Sorry.

What helpful data are you going to glean from questions like, "Are Premier league tickets too expensive?" and "Is the amount of money in the Premier League good for the game?"

Must try harder.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Says it all when the first question is one that's age related which oldest age range is 26 and older. That Really isn't going to give you any meaningful data!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Done , be interested to see the outcome of this!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Are we going to get a spate of last-minute dissertation surveys flooding NSC over the next few weeks?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Done but as above, sorry mate it's a bloody crap survey.

Edit, sorry that sounded harsh, but if you're doing a dissertation you've got to be more probing than you have been. You could have just asked one or two questions and got the same data. I just can't see you getting anything over a 2:2 with that kind of survey. You won't get the data back to analyse. It'll be obvious. People think the PL is too expensive and would go to more games if it was cheaper.

What degree are you doing?

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Thanks for your feedback. Basically my dissertation is regarding the finances within the Premier League and how the clubs make their money, what they spend it on etc. The survey is very brief as it is only a very small section about whether ticket prices and games on TV will see a long term reduction in attendances within the younger generation, eg if people aged 16-21 can't afford to attend now, will they attend in the future.

The course I'm doing is Business & Finance.

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Done but as above, sorry mate it's a bloody crap survey.

Edit, sorry that sounded harsh, but if you're doing a dissertation you've got to be more probing than you have been. You could have just asked one or two questions and got the same data. I just can't see you getting anything over a 2:2 with that kind of survey. You won't get the data back to analyse. It'll be obvious. People think the PL is too expensive and would go to more games if it was cheaper.

What degree are you doing?

I got the highest possible 2:1 for my lit review which is what I'm aiming for overall. Like I said in my previous post the survey is meant to be brief.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I wrote my dissertation in 1992 about the profitability of football clubs and the alternative profitability or asset value of the land they occupy if used instead for commercial, industrial or residential purpose. At the time only 2 out of 30 clubs that I assessed had turned a profit in the previous financial year (Man U and Bristol Rovers if memory serves (think they sold a few players)) and in summary it was a pretty compelling case for demolition of the old stadia and re-location to new sites. That might seem obvious now, but 22 years ago it wasn't so accepted.

I received a great mark for it, but no satisfaction 5 years later when my prediction came true that the Goldstone would be put to better use for commercial purpose.

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Thanks.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Done.

Curiosity, what kind of statistical analysis are you going to use? The questions only really seem to be descriptive stats, not inferential, so proving any hypotheses may be hard...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I got the highest possible 2:1 for my lit review which is what I'm aiming for overall. Like I said in my previous post the survey is meant to be brief.
Must be giving them away in cornflake packets these days if that is going to get a 2.1.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I wrote my dissertation in 1992 about the profitability of football clubs and the alternative profitability or asset value of the land they occupy if used instead for commercial, industrial or residential purpose. At the time only 2 out of 30 clubs that I assessed had turned a profit in the previous financial year (Man U and Bristol Rovers if memory serves (think they sold a few players)) and in summary it was a pretty compelling case for demolition of the old stadia and re-location to new sites. That might seem obvious now, but 22 years ago it wasn't so accepted.

I received a great mark for it, but no satisfaction 5 years later when my prediction came true that the Goldstone would be put to better use for commercial purpose.
In 2006 there was a proposal to demolish Anfield, relocate to Stanley Park and sell the site for mixed commercial and retail use (Anfield Plaza). It didn't happen because Liverpool couldn't raise the money.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Fair enough - a 2:1 is a great achievement if you can get that overall. If this survey is just a little extra you're throwing in there for good measure then it might not affect your grade too much either way. The reason I responded was because I did a stat/analysis dissertation, many of my coursemates did surveys for theirs and they got ripped to shreds (But the whole dissertation was based on those surveys so a little different to your case)

Best of luck though. It's a great feeling when it's done!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I did almost all of my dissertation the night before it had to be handed in, and made up all the survey responses. But back then, NSC was more useful for helping with ant infestation dilemmas rather than actively aiding my education.

Done, btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here