Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iphone 4s - topping up issue

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Another iphone thread (searching through to see if this issue is covered you wouldn't believe how many iphone threads there are), this time for topping up.

I bought an old 'pay as you go' Iphone 4s off a mate in the pub at the weekend as he has an upgrade.

I assume he has registered it with EE or Orange as it has EE with the coverage bar in the top left corner.

I tried putting the phone number into EE / Orange website to top it up but it doesn't recognise the number?

I tried buying a top up from the local shop, but that is a 16 digit number and not 12 as it asks in a text message to say I have .35p left on my account.

Aside from contacting my mate to see what the beef is, can I top up my phone?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Another iphone thread (searching through to see if this issue is covered you wouldn't believe how many iphone threads there are), this time for topping up.

I bought an old 'pay as you go' Iphone 4s off a mate in the pub at the weekend as he has an upgrade.

I assume he has registered it with EE or Orange as it has EE with the coverage bar in the top left corner.

I tried putting the phone number into EE / Orange website to top it up but it doesn't recognise the number?

I tried buying a top up from the local shop, but that is a 16 digit number and not 12 as it asks in a text message to say I have .35p left on my account.

Aside from contacting my mate to see what the beef is, can I top up my phone?

If he's got a new upgrade, its most likely he ported his old number to his new simcard/phone which could explain why the number is not recognised.

You need to get yourself a new sim card from EE or Orange (if you don't want to unlock the phone) to use it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here