Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season-long bets for 2013-14

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How's everyone doing?

Think most of mine are going to be close but no cigar.

Liverpool at 40s last summer was a great shout, but I don't think they'll quite do it. Beat Man City and Chelsea at home, however, and then it's game on.

Also did Arsenal at 12s but again can't see them quite doing it.

Did Jordan Rhodes for top Championship goalscorer and despite his hat-trick at the weekend I think he is too far adrift, four behind McCormack.

And made the ludicrous error of putting Wolves in a title double with Pompey. Absurd.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Liverpool at 40s last summer was a great shout, but I don't think they'll quite do it. Beat Man City and Chelsea at home, however, and then it's game on.

How much did you put on it? Neither City or Chelsea will fancy going to Anfield the way Liverpool have been playing - I can see Liverpool winning one of those if not both, and winning the title.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ulloa top scorer in the league - :(
BHA to win the league - :(
BHA to get promoted - :¦
Wolves to win the league - :)
Manure to finish 5th or below - :)
Palace to be relegated - :¦

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
4 Fold in June of:-
Chelsea winning title
Then promotion for Bolton, Wolves and Fleetwood.

Going to take an obscene effort from Bolton to give me a chance now as the other 3 are all on.

On Saturdays evidence, Bolton do not have it in the locker.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reading to win the Championship

Jedinak for 'worst discipline' points in the Prem.
Fellaini the same.

Rubbish.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I did do Ulloa as well as Rhodes. We were all a bit unlucky there, without the injury he might easily have been a lot closer but still don't think he would have overhauled McCormack.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Gave my god daughter a betting slip for her birthday present with £50 invested on Albion getting promoted at 11/1, not looking too bad at the moment. Her parents are both Mighty Leeds fans and were disgusted but suffice it to say she has been assiduously following our results since the season began and, as intended, has now become an Albion fan!! A good result either way!!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Arsenal, BHA, Wolves, Scunny acca. Good run for my money but no beans.

Champions League - Atl Madrid EW @ 40/1 (1/2 odds 1,2)
Champions League - D Costa top scorer EW @ 100/1 (1/4 odds 4 places)
Hopeful!

La Liga - Villareal w/o Barca and Real @ 100/1. Have had a good season back in the top section but maybe I should have gone top 6.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Gave my god daughter a betting slip for her birthday present with £50 invested on Albion getting promoted at 11/1, not looking too bad at the moment. Her parents are both Mighty Leeds fans and were disgusted but suffice it to say she has been assiduously following our results since the season began and, as intended, has now become an Albion fan!! A good result either way!!

That is an amazing tactic on your part. Well played.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Nice idea, on the assumption she got something else as well otherwise you got her an expensive piece of paper and a lifetime of supporting Albion, which might be considered cruel by some!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I did a couple of quid each way on McCormack top scorer when he was 33-1, can see Rhodes and possibly Ings or Vokes running him close....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn't lump any money on this time but did write a pre season predictions for the Championship for the Amex North Stand website. I predicted QPR for the title, Reading to go up automatically and Wigan, Leicester and Bolton for the playoffs with one spot open. Also predicted Yeovil, Barnsley and Millwall to go down. What this tells me is that this summer I'll place some season long bets on relegation.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Did a Lucky 15 of Wolves and Real Madrid to win their leagues, Chelsea (League Cup), Dortmund (CL). Dortmund is very unlikely but Wolves and Madrid should do it so will make a tiny bit of profit.

Had Sheffield Wednesday to be relegated which was looking good until Dave Jones got the sack.

Have Assombalonga and McDonald e/w as top scorers in League 1. Both are looking quite good at the moment.

Jesus Navas most assists e/w and he's currently 4 behind the leader.

Did a treble of Palace, Sunderland and Hull to be relegated which looks pretty finished.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My bet on BHA promotion could be closed out at a small profit right now. Others include:

QPR - not promoted
Palace - relegated
Sunderland - stay up (head overruling heart following GP appointment)
Ulloa - top scorer in Champ

All the above still look possible apart from Ulloa. I may have well wiped my arse with the electronic betting slip as he was carried off on a stretcher against Sheff Weds.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Only season wager I have with any likelihood of success is...
a Treble....

Norwich to be relegated
Eastleigh to win Conference South
BHA to make playoffs. ( C'mon you Seagulls )

Staked £20 ........ If Jesus really loves me it's a £613 return.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Trixie on:

City to win the league
Blackpool to get relegated
Peterborough to get promoted

And another one on:

Reading to get promoted
Rotherham to get promoted
Cheltenham to get promoted

First one has a better chance. Would like to think I can get two in from either one.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Well I do confess to having a little chuckle at this. God knows what the vicar would say, hope you gave her a packet of fags as well! Nice one. :whistle:

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Not quite "season long" but still hoping that early December's investment in BHA to reach the play-offs @ 5/2 will turn out to be a cheap way of funding a Wembley day out and PL season tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here