Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Ladies

As in the football team (rather than the sort in West Street)

Is anyone else totally un-interested in who, what or why they are?

It's great they have a team. I guess it's also great they scored double figures against a team recently, but they currently seem to be enjoying nearly a quarter of the coverage on the club's website.

This is disproportionately high. to prove my point, we only need to look at the crowds at the ladies game. (actually I have no idea how many watch, so I may be talking bull)

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Clearly a quarter if the website is not dedicated to the women's team, so you must mean the latest news. Considering they just had a cup match yesterday afternoon, that has to be expected. The club should promote all it's teams: the women, the development squad, the various age kids teams.

There will be a lot of fans unaware these teams either exist or when/where they play, and by giving them coverage this will increase attendances and interest.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I watched a lot of the game yesterday on a live feed, I want all the Albion teams to do well, we are a community club and its good to see all out associated teams doing well.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I like that the club are trying to encourage us to all watch more. But in my opinion, ladies football would be much more exciting if everything was a little smaller.

It's all too big. The ball, the pitch, the goals. Everything makes them look slower and worse than they really are, because we can compare them directly to the men. It's like seeing young lads play - the match looks like it's in slow motion sometimes.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The womens reserves won the league on Sunday, finishing the season undefeated. Brighton are taking massive steps forward with womens football with the aim to get into the WSL2.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure what the point is! If you are not interested then don't read the news items, simple. I doubt that it is a question that if they publish one about the ladies that is one less article they print about the first team.

Ladies/girls football is growing in Sussex and probably that is reflected all over the country. There are more women/girls going to watch the Albion than when I first started watching so is it any wonder more of them are playing football.

I don't have strong opinions and I was seeking others views.

As a subscriber to Albions Facebook and Twitter feeds, then I do get a large amount of women related messages. I'm no interested so I do just skip over them. Everytime I see a new bit of Albion news, I am eager to read it right away, and recently, more has been of the ladies.

I absolutely don't think women should be chained to the kitchen sink, nor does my wife who comes to many games with me.

I am also referring to the news, rather than the site as a whole.

Was always going to be a tricky topic on which to raise my point without rustling a few PC feathers!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

As a subscriber to Albions Facebook and Twitter feeds, then I do get a large amount of women related messages. I'm no interested so I do just skip over them. Everytime I see a new bit of Albion news, I am eager to read it right away, and recently, more has been of the ladies.

I absolutely don't think women should be chained to the kitchen sink, nor does my wife who comes to many games with me.

Was always going to be a tricky topic on which to raise my point without rustling a few PC feathers!

Are you saying you just want first team news, they have loads on AITC, FFP, U18,U21 and tickets as well. I read it all and often complain when they fail to cover any elements of the club. Bizarrly today they have advertised the Development squad game and its behind closed doors, when they are at Lancing and ST get in for free they often don't give them a mention until late in the day.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not sure what the OP does want.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
(the U-13 are WAY more 'relevant' - there might just be a brilliant 13 year old coming through, who will one day make it to the first team..)

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I fully agree and this is something I too have grown tired of in recent times. I've nothing against the women's team at all, but I don't want to hear about it. Like you, I 'like' the club on Facebook and visit the website most days, and it seems the number of women's football news items has gone through the roof recently. I have no problem with the women playing or those who want to go and watch. I would feel exactly the same if the club suddenly decided to drastically increase coverage of similarly irrelevant sides, like the under-13s. By all means cover all our teams and provide information in a place that people who are interested can find it, but don't ram it down the throats of the majority with banal stories almost every day. Four of the last 13 stories on the website are about the women's team. Whatever way you look at it, that's ridiculous.

I believe the club have a filter system on their news site. i imagine its for the minority of people that want to be selective about what the club is up to and just get the news they are after i.e first team and tickets only.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Nothing to do with being PC. As the father of a teenage girl who until recently played for a local club (stopped due to GCSE's) and knowing another from her school who plays in the BHA Women's youth team, I think the club does a great job of promoting the women's game and I am always keen to hear how they got on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here