Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The war on drugs

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There does seem to be a lot of attention and praise being given to this album. I'm looking forward to it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm sort of looking forward to it. Their last album (was it their first?) sounded quite Kurt Vile to me. The latest single sounded pleasant, but didn't knock me for six. However, I am very bad at appreciating great music on a first or second listen - I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm sort of looking forward to it. Their last album (was it their first?) sounded quite Kurt Vile to me. The latest single sounded pleasant, but didn't knock me for six. However, I am very bad at appreciating great music on a first or second listen - I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised...

Slave Ambient was their second. Their first is their best IMHO - Wagonwheel Blues. It featured none other than Kurt Vile (who was one of the founders of the band.)

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Slave Ambient was their second. Their first is their best IMHO - Wagonwheel Blues. It featured none other than Kurt Vile (who was one of the founders of the band.)

Ah, thanks - it's all falling into place now. Their last single sounded very similar to something that I can't quite remember that's annoying me now - from 2011 or 2012, a band called The Record Somethings or The Recording Somethings. Or something. I can't be sure. But it'll come to me later.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It was on the shelf in Resident on Saturday but gave it a miss as want to hear a bit of it first. Spent far too much on music already this year.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Listened to the album on Spotify, really really impressed.
I was expecting a lot heavier as they are compared with Sonic Youth..

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
What a track An Ocean In Between the Waves is - standout one so far for me, but only listened to it twice.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I was expecting a lot heavier as they are compared with Sonic Youth..

Really? Where? There is absolutely nothing about WOD that would make me think Sonic Youth. There's an occasional hazy, woozy, shoegaze tint to the guitar that you could extremely lazily compare to Loveless era MBV but not Sonic Youth.

Very good album by the way, though I prefer them when they are a bit more direct rather than jamming (similar to last year's Kurt Vile album.) Glad I caught them at The Haunt now, they won't be playing those sized venues for a while I shouldn't think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a very good album btw.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a track An Ocean In Between the Waves is - standout one so far for me, but only listened to it twice.

This is an understatement!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Really? Where? There is absolutely nothing about WOD that would make me think Sonic Youth. There's an occasional hazy, woozy, shoegaze tint to the guitar that you could extremely lazily compare to Loveless era MBV but not Sonic Youth.

Very good album by the way, though I prefer them when they are a bit more direct rather than jamming (similar to last year's Kurt Vile album.) Glad I caught them at The Haunt now, they won't be playing those sized venues for a while I shouldn't think.

I know totally bizarre. On Spotify it references Sonic Youth and My Bloody Valentine???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here