Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else reckon we're going up?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
First, let me make it clear that I don't salivate at the thought of Premier League football, and even believe that the Championship is a more natural home for Brighton.

Neither am I usually much of an optimist. I didn't expect us to be as good this year as we were last and in most games we play I predict a 1-1 draw.

But ... I'm getting a weird feeling about this season. You know, I reckon we might just sneak it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not sure whether we're going up, but I'm concern the misses had arrange something for 24th May. Sparks could fly..

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
maybe, maybe not.
the season for me has been just like a roller coaster, one minute yesssssssssssssssss, next minute bugger it.
and I know just what you mean about being in the premier, but maybe with what is it 65m we could buy some decent players although those we have are not that bad and a lot better than some in the premier.
so all in all we might do better than some might think, some of those nailed on the go down are still there fighting it out and getting the odd very good result.
+ we could fill up the Amex which will keep everyone happy+ it would also make me very happy as I can't get to any games and MOTD would be worth watching.
ALBION TILL I DIE :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really need to take this whole thing game by game as on error could prove very costly.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sparks could fly..

A classic Viz cartoon if I remember rightly. The band Sparks heading towards a plane and a bystander making some comment along the above lines.

As for us going up? Well you've got to be frickin' optimistic haven't you with the way things have been going of late!?

:wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think we can make it into the play-off spots but after that it will be a complete lottery.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just hope the wheel falls off Wigan soon, look like they can beaten anyone at the moment. Just clinical as we discovered...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think we have had a great season and we are not desperate like the clubs above us which will play into our favour. Promotion would be the icing on the cake but I am looking forward to what we do in the summer and take the Championship by storm with autos next season with a squad that is well rehearsed in the Oscar style.

It will be a pleasant treat to make a top six finish and we should fear no team if we do.

That fat lady hasn't even run her bath yet, let alone put on her makeup and I feel we are peaking.

Either way what will be will be.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If we do I'll make the most of the day out at Wembley as I probably won't be able to afford a season ticket in the Premier League!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not a hope in hell of getting in the play offs let alone going up
Ernest has a point. There's too much positivity in this thread, which will prove our downfall. We're not even mathematically safe from relegation yet.

A classic Viz cartoon if I remember rightly. The band Sparks heading towards a plane and a bystander making some comment along the above lines.

:) Quality....I'm a massive Sparks fan, I remember seeing the joke but for some reason never kept it (!?) two little guys one with a perm and one with a tash watching the cabbie struggle to remove a suitcase from the boot, while planes took off in the background "When this thing gets out Sparks are gonna fly"

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
If not this season the I believe next. Wigan are very strong but then I suppose so are we. Our playoff experience from last season will help, no doubt. One match at a time. Slowly slowly catch a monkey.

TNBA

TTF

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will be well chuffed if we make the play-offs......well vindicated anyway.
Just had the conversation with Mrs SG about cancelling our planned holiday in May and switching to June. Inconvenient because we already have a family trip planned for July but worth a punt and certainly more than I expected from this season after the shambles that Poyet left us. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here