Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
donoghue-160314-l229-1425138_478x359.jpg

John Donoghue
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
19:30 16th March 2014
by James Hilsum
We wanted a reaction from Thursday and, to be fair, the players worked their socks off."
John Donoghue
Get priority for 2014/15 season tickets. Join the season ticket waiting list with Bronze membership.

Albion women head coach John Donoghue believes his side reacted well to Thursday night’s County Cup Final defeat, despite being knocked out of the FA Cup by Coventry City today.

The Seagulls were beaten at the Ricoh Arena thanks to goals from Natasha Lynch and Nikki Miles as the Sky Blues progressed to round five.He told seagulls.co.uk, “We wanted a reaction from Thursday and, to be fair, the players worked their socks off.

“We created a few opportunities, put a lot of pressure on them, and the ball was in the opposition half for a lot of the second half and for good spells in the first half.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

“It was a similar game to last Sunday [Albion were beaten 1-0 by City at Withdean]. I think we were better than last week and took the game to them more.“They were obviously conscious of the threat we posed, so they marked us tighter and got after us in midfield, but we stood up to the challenge really well. So I was pleased with the focus, energy and endeavour today.”
The Albion head coach may have been satisfied with his side’s performance, but feels the team missed out on a good opportunity to progress further in the competition.
He added, “We’ve had a reasonable cup run, but we’re kicking ourselves that we didn’t go further and I think we could and should have won the game.
“I think we needed to be braver in our opponent's half, in terms of being willing to go past players and anticipate when the ball is going to drop for us to have an opportunity to score.
“That’s how we can improve going forward.”

UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

Albion v Middlesbrough:
Saturday 29th March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here