Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion summer camp in Spain

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
9 days from Wednesday 9 to Friday18 July 2014 Playa de Pinatar (spelling?) - not far from La Manga and Murcia airport
3 games likely to be against Partick Thistle, one other and Club Brugge on the 18th!
You heard these tour details here first - like you did for last years!! ;-))
See you there!

Last edited:

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
If it's San Pedro del Pinatar, there's not a whole lot there. I'll actually be a bit disappointed, if it is, as I'll be there 1 week after they leave.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
9 days from Wednesday 9 to Friday18 July 2014 Playa de Pinatar (spelling?) - not far from La Manga and Murcia airport
3 games likely to be against Partick Thistle, one other and Club Brugge on the 18th!
You heard these tour details here first - like you did for last years!! ;-))
See you there!
Funnily enough at just about that time I shall be in Brugge... (bad) timing is everything! :lolol:

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro del Pinatar has absolutely nothing. Concrete housing development, that's all.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Where are the games going to be played is at the place mentioned Playa da Pinta or is that where they are .staying.

Both ~ check out Pinatar Arena it is a 3,000 seater stadium and facilities used by many European clubs recently including VB Bochum and Borussia Dortmund. My spy in the Albion camp was over there last week ~ not a lot going on locally but sounds as if it will be a lot busier in July! Or Torrejavia (spelling?) is only a few miles away!!
Pinatar Arena mentioned on Tripadvisor too!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is public transport very good in thst area or will we need to hire a car, dont really want to as it impedes the drinking and I wont be sble to talk my wife into driving.

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Both ~ check out Pinatar Arena it is a 3,000 seater stadium and facilities used by many European clubs recently including VB Bochum and Borussia Dortmund. My spy in the Albion camp was over there last week ~ not a lot going on locally but sounds as if it will be a lot busier in July! Or Torrejavia (spelling?) is only a few miles away!!
Pinatar Arena mentioned on Tripadvisor too!

I'm not sure I'd call it a "stadium". It's a glorified training pitch with seating - no different from watching a game at a standard non-league ground. On the other hand it's right on the AP7 motorway and not more than 10 minutes from Murcia airport.

The facilities for teams are highly rated though, in addition to those clubs you mentioned a lot of Spanish clubs now go there and also the likes of Shakhtar, Spartak Moscow, Rosenborg.....

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I don't believe there's any public transport such as regular buses, and no trains. Cars were the only way to go. I used to have relatives who lived there. Torreveija is relatively close, but not that close. A day trip to benidorm can also be done from there!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I'm not sure I'd call it a "stadium". It's a glorified training pitch with seating - no different from watching a game at a standard non-league ground. On the other hand it's right on the AP7 motorway and not more than 10 minutes from Murcia airport.

The facilities for teams are highly rated though, in addition to those clubs you mentioned a lot of Spanish clubs now go there and also the likes of Shakhtar, Spartak Moscow, Rosenborg.....

Not a stadium? Semantics old boy!
Inter Milan and Bayern Munich have also been there too!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Torrevieja is not so nice - unless one is into The Sun, Fry ups, and northerners on the run.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Hope you're right Bluenose, just booked flights and apartment in Torre Pacheco (about 10 miles way) for myself and my young lad from 11th to 21st!

Wey hey!

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
If your looking for cheap self catering accommodation only a 20 minute drive away search holidaylettings and owners direct for La Torre Golf Resort. It is inland so you will need a car, taxis are very expensive around here. The resort is pretty busy in the summer with a number of bars and restaurants on site, lots of pools etc

A nice 4 star hotel in the center of Los Alcazares (lots more bars and restuarants compared with San Pedro del Pinatar) is the hotel525. Los Alcazares also has a fantastic beach!

I have done a website as a photo guide to the local area, www.love-murcia.com (not sure if I can put this link on so mods, remove if you like)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
deanbon, is that the resort just south of Torre Pacheco, if so (it is villas around a golf course) see you in the central bar!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here