Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The team that started at Bolton yesterday.....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Should be our starting 11 for the rest of the season injury permitting. With the exception of Upson for Greer.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
No because Dale Stephens did not start that game.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The midfield needs a bit of maturity in it.
I think Andrews will get a run of games, probably at the expense of JFC.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The midfield needs a bit of maturity in it.
I think Andrews will get a run of games, probably at the expense of JFC.

Andrews has been massively ineffective and does not deserve to start whilst JFC has been excellent over the last month.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andrews has been massively ineffective and does not deserve to start whilst JFC has been excellent over the last month.
I would dampen down both of those statements, but do freely admit to not quite getting the JFC love-in.

Although I'm pushing JFC out only because his 'position' seems to be a little bit of the other 2, and not one of his own.
Whereas I see the experience of Andrews stamping some authority to a position, a la Ince and Stephens.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I would dampen down both of those statements, but do freely admit to not quite getting the JFC love-in.

Although I'm pushing JFC out only because his 'position' seems to be a little bit of the other 2, and not one of his own.
Whereas I see the experience of Andrews stamping some authority to a position, a la Ince and Stephens.

Just because he's old enough doesn't mean he's good enough

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes, couldn't agree more. JFC is not mobile enough, visibly tires at 55 - 60 mins and becomes less effective. I think Andrews is better as he is more intelligent and capable of holding allowing Ince the occasional foray upfield.

Of course I didn't go yesterday so JFC may have been brilliant!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm obviously missing something about JFC, does have some quality on the ball but as has been said has some issues with stamina and again yesterday was muscled off the ball several times.

A fully fit Orlandi for me replaces JFC however he hasn't looked fit or as sharp as last season due to injuries.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Agree with original poster. Andrews has been ineffective as recently has been pushed right up . Keep him purely as a defensive midfielder and he won't let anyone down .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I tend to agree here about JFC. I know he is young but he does always seem a bit weak in my opinion. I don't mean he lets anyone down though. I think if Orlandi was 100% fit you would see a different line up. Stephens is getting better and better though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Orlandi for JFC would be my preference to add some guile to midfield although I think JFC has improved in terms of his industry.
I would also stick with Greer. He is our captain and he hasn't let us down in the best defence in the league. Having said that, Dunk has played consecutive games without the single lapse of concentration that has plagued his progress for me so well done to him and how good to have such an able deputy on the bench. I do agree that he has the potential to add another dimension to our play breaking out of defence and next season he could very well own a starting place. For now, and with the balance between play-offs or not so close, I would stick with what has been so effective all season.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
One excellent aspect of this season is the emergence of Ince, JFC and March under Oscar Garcia. None of them are the finished article yet but in my humble opinion their great progress and increasing contribution would not have happened under the previous management regime.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I would start that teams, but with Orlandi and Upson coming in (JFC and Greer coming out). Same formation too, but tactics must vary depending on opponent!!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
As much as I like Dunk and believe he is the future I'd still go with Greer and Upson.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hot on the heels of the kerfuffle caused by Buckleygate yesterday, I just want to clarify my position on JFC.

I think he's plenty good enough but of our 4 yoof teamers I reckon he's the weakest of a very strong quartet.

Ince - Clearly the stand out player of the season and can go to the very top.
March - Criminally one footed but has more than enough about him to go far.
Chicksen - I think he's going to be very good, and love the progression he's shown, each game.
JFC - Any other year he'll be a stand out player, I just don't see him being even close to the consistent level his position requires.
That'll come with time, game time and coaching. He'd be the ideal player to be 'blooded' with us in 10th place, just not now.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If JFC got on the weights a bit more, I think he would be a far better player. He shows alot of promise, but gets easily muscled off the ball.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hot on the heels of the kerfuffle caused by Buckleygate yesterday, I just want to clarify my position on JFC.

I think he's plenty good enough but of our 4 yoof teamers I reckon he's the weakest of a very strong quartet.

Ince - Clearly the stand out player of the season and can go to the very top.
March - Criminally one footed but has more than enough about him to go far.
Chicksen - I think he's going to be very good, and love the progression he's shown, each game.
JFC - Any other year he'll be a stand out player, I just don't see him being even close to the consistent level his position requires.
That'll come with time, game time and coaching. He'd be the ideal player to be 'blooded' with us in 10th place, just not now.

Think you're broadly right with this assessment, although you've missed out on Dunk, who has been excellent in three recent games -- Hull at home, QPR and yesterday against Bolton.

Our best starting XI is the one that started yesterday, with Upson for probably Dunk, and Orlandi for JFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here