Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Beaumont Relishing Coventry Test

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion women defender Cally Beaumont is looking forward to today’s FA Cup fourth round tie against Coventry City and feels it is a great opportunity to play at the Ricoh Arena.She told seagulls.co.uk, “It will be great; if you play on any big stage then it can only raise your game.* Being able to play on pitches that are so nice just improves your game in general, so I’m really looking forward to it.
“Obviously I missed the game against them last week [Albion lost 1-0] due to an ankle injury and didn’t get the result we should have done.

“We had a recovery session yesterday and had a chance to talk about how we’re going to play. We can take confidence from the fact that we had a really good game last week and had some good possession, but didn’t finish our chances.“We enjoy playing football against them because they’re a very good footballing side. It will be a physical test, but I think we’ll have a good game."
Cally also believes the match will provide a chance to quickly bounce back from Thursday’s County Cup Final defeat to Chichester, especially with the prospect of meeting a Women’s Super League (WSL) 1 side in round five.
“It would be a great achievement if we make it to the next round; we were a bit down after Thursday and it would be great to bounce back from that. I think we will; we’re a strong side and it will put some wind in our sails to push on and produce some better performances.
“It’s really important to get through to the next round of the cup because that’s when the bigger clubs come in and we really want to test ourselves against the very best sides.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here