Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton's disallowed goal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
100% offside. A yard or 2. I rewound it after Dougles desperate a
Comments. Ward I think charges out and Greer (or Dunk maybe) is a yard behind him when it's kicked. I'm convinced it was the correct decision.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dunno. Doogie didn't lie did he?

Separate incident:
Have the offside rules changed? SSN said that Nolan's goal for West Ham should have stood, but he was clearly past all but one defender when the ball was passed to him (ie, he was past the keeper).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dunno. Doogie didn't lie did he?

Separate incident:
Have the offside rules changed? SSN said that Nolan's goal for West Ham should have stood, but he was clearly past all but one defender when the ball was passed to him (ie, he was past the keeper).

Nope rules not changed - he was offside too!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Offside.
Even Bolton fans didn't/haven't questioned it although they are fairly vocal slagging off Dougie's tactics.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At the time it looked like a good goal but the replay showed otherwise.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Well Doogie has to say it was a goal....to try and justify the loss....even if it stood you would still had lost ...get over it...Doog

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I absolutely LOVED the fact they started the goal music before it was flagged offside, then hastily had to turn it off :lolol:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think someone told them. The highlights on Goals on Sunday was accompanied by commentary that said the linesman got it spot on.
At last. It's weird how a 24/7 subscription sports channel can have a whole team of people that don't know the most basic of rules.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I absolutely LOVED the fact they started the goal music before it was flagged offside, then hastily had to turn it off :lolol:

For 5 minutes we had 1-1 on the electronic scoreboard:facepalm:

Previously, we've had fat men running along the touchline with flags, embarrassing half time games, a clueless DJ who replaced a popular & amusing announcer & worst of all....drummers (thankfully hounded out ) It's all part of some whopper's attempt to create a family friendly atmosphere.....in reality every new idea is another nail in the coffin of a proper football atmosphere.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
For 5 minutes we had 1-1 on the electronic scoreboard:facepalm:

Previously, we've had fat men running along the touchline with flags, embarrassing half time games, a clueless DJ who replaced a popular & amusing announcer & worst of all....drummers (thankfully hounded out ) It's all part of some whopper's attempt to create a family friendly atmosphere.....in reality every new idea is another nail in the coffin of a proper football atmosphere.

At least you've avoided clappers thus far.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here