Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New formation idea (not 4-4-2)

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
All 3 of our cb's don't really deserve to be on the bench based on recent matches so how about going for a 4-5-1 with Ward and Bruno pushing forward (more than they already do so), have the 3 cbs playing then just one less midfielder in the middle.

Yes I know this won't happen, but it's just an idea that I would like to see experimented.

----------------PIG----------------
------Dunk-----Upson----Greer----
Bruno-----------Ince--------------Ward
---------------Stephens-------------
Buckley-------------------------Lingard
---------------Ulloa-------------------

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
What we definitely need to be doing, when we've started looking really solid and winning games, is mess about with the formation.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not for me . Jones praising boltons diamond took me back to some clueless tactics under Wilkins to

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Like your thinking but why mess with the meanest defence in the league? Just because players are on form doesn't mean you have to cram them into new formations. Healthy competition for places will mean success. Dunk is going to become our best centre back in history.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
People spend too much time worrying about formations. Any decent player knows where he needs to be.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Chicksen and Calderon both have done well when they've played. As have Lualua and March, so really, we should be going with

Calderon-----------------------Chicksen
March---------------------------Lualua

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Chicksen and Calderon both have done well when they've played. As have Lualua and March, so really, we should be going with

Calderon-----------------------Chicksen
March---------------------------Lualua

I still think we'd risk getting overrun in midfield. I'd add Andrews, Agustien and JFC to your lineup; I think we'd be very difficult to beat.

Dec 29, 2011
All 3 of our cb's don't really deserve to be on the bench based on recent matches so how about going for a 4-5-1 with Ward and Bruno pushing forward (more than they already do so), have the 3 cbs playing then just one less midfielder in the middle.

Yes I know this won't happen, but it's just an idea that I would like to see experimented.

That's not a 4-5-1..

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I still think we'd risk getting overrun in midfield. I'd add Andrews, Agustien and JFC to your lineup; I think we'd be very difficult to beat.

You're right. We also need to play two up front, so let's throw Obika in there, too.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
So we should go for a 3-3-3-4-4-2 formation ? Sounds like a winner to me :thumbsup:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

That's a 5-2-3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills