Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
630 - 930am - Chris Evans
930 - 11am - Ken Bruce
11am - Midday - Kisstory
Midday - 2pm - Jeremy Vine
2pm - 4pm - Steve Wright
4pm - 6pm - Adrian Durham / Goughy

Who gets you tuning in and more importantly tuning out ?

Personally Grimmy and Colin Murray are my personal pet hates.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Like to listen to talk sport/shite, trouble i have had for the past few months is very bad reception on am/mw on the transit radio anyone else experiencing this or is the radio in the truck rubbish??? no probs on my dab personal radio or the dab one at home,help please.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Today Programme in the morning for my news fix, then Radio 2 or Classic FM, depending what mood I'm in, sometimes Absolute Radio if I want Indie music. I'll channel swap during adverts though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Radio sussex for brighton away games
Radio five live for simon mayo and mark kermode, and some weekend prem games on a saturday morning depending on what else I'm doing.

D

Deleted member 18477

Hardly ever listen to the radio!

If I do, I flick between radio 1 and heart FM and my decision on what station to leave it on is whatever station is playing a song. And if both are then I choose the song I prefer.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I listen to whatever comedy's on Radio 4/4 Extra on iPlayer, and a few other things like star the week. Rarely listen live unless it's for Test Match Special (have decided that listening to away Albion commentary is bad luck).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If I am not listening to Radio Sussex it will be BBC Radio 4

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
In terms of Radio Sussex is there anyway of getting the match commentary when listening via online ?

Always bugged me that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In terms of Radio Sussex is there anyway of getting the match commentary when listening via online ?

Always bugged me that.

If you subscribe to seagulls player then you get the radio Sussex commentary online. Club/league prefer to keep online rights as part of the Player highlights package, so BBC can't put it on iPlayer Radio.
Occasionally Albion games are on 5 live sport extra or 5live itself (eg Hull away) . These have freely available online commentary although it's uk only.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If able to listen in the day, BBC5Live Nicky Campbell, then Victoria Derbyshire, both excellent especially the phone-in debates on the latter. She is blunt, but fair, with those callers talking absolute nonsense.

BBC Radio 2 Jeremy Vine is brilliant, with a great choice of music - they allow frequent new wave, indi from the late 70's and 80's such as the occasional Joy Division, New Order, Smiths - pet loves of Vine. Amusing phone-ins too.

I like Hawksby & Jacobs on Talksport 1 until 4. Both are witty, the latter in a more morose manner.

Adrian Durham on talksport from 4 is good, but they pack in a massive proportion of the show with ads, weather, travel, news and waffle - leaving about 5 minutes of every 15 for the actual meat of the programme - football issues and wind-ups of fans especially Arsenal and Wenger loyalists.

BBC5live from 7pm is normally great, and beats talksport due to a lack of ads and bbc lack the moronic ranting of the false Saggers. Especially Monday's with the BBC team dissecting the latest crisis at Spurs.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Radio sussex for sport round up only, then radio 4 on drive to by work, classic FM all day at work and back to radio 4 for drive home

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I bit of KEXP in the late morning and early afternoon our time, that's generally it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Usually only have it on for the trips to work in the car, so it's usually BBC Sussex for the traffic updates. Occasionally TalkSport/5Live for the football but not often.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm a big fan of Gold, especially in the evenings, so devastated that their radio slot is going to become Smooth Radio, who have dinosaurs like Simon Bates.
It seems pointless to narrow the scope to 'smooth' songs. Gold had all this but had lively stuff too. Where else will I hear Slade!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here