Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And people say sportsmanship is dead....

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Haha!

I reckon this should be allowed in football if someone dives in the area. A punch up to see if a pen is given. That'd stop the buggers!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Haha!

I reckon this should be allowed in football if someone dives in the area. A punch up to see if a pen is given. That'd stop the buggers!

That would last about 2 seconds. Footballers would be to chicken to do this, and would fall down before the first punch.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Bit odd, normally all the team members from both sides wade in for a full on free-for-all.
The refs also used to pull the player's jersey over their heads so they couldn't see the foe.

Looked odd that no one was making any attempt to break it up ....

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
There is never an attempt to break fights up when they initially get going. Part of the game and it gets let go. Refs only try to break it up if the fights going no where

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Told by an American a long time ago (not sure if it's true or has changed) that they only step in if one of the players falls over.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
'only player who took off his skate, and tried to stab someone with it'- happy Gilomre

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The refs don't intervene. It's part of the entertainment. Can really spice-up low scoring games.
Take note, Prem.

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
That is V good

Makes me laugh every time, and I can't watch ice hockey without thinking of it. With David Letterman doing the "Hit Somebody" vocals, no less. :catfight:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here