Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The all new Ashley Barnes thread

Jan 10, 2014
I know that quite a few people on here like to keep an eye on former players, and why shouldn't they?

Any road, it's looking very much like Danny Ings is going to be out for a bit (sorry that's all the info that I've got), so Ashley will be stepping in.

He's done well in his few cameo appearances and is a good replacement for Ings.

Do you think our promotion charge will suffer with Barnes coming in for Ings?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I am guessing that you havn't really suffered from injuries this season? Barnes will do ok for you an Dyche will probably get the best out of him.

Jan 10, 2014
I am guessing that you havn't really suffered from injuries this season? .

Not really, just like like Leicester. We've had Ross Wallace out for about 5 months who has been a revelation since he came back. We also had Dean Marney out for a few week and we struggled a bit in the middle of the park.

We've gone back 30/40 years in terms of how many players we've used, just like every club used to at that time.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Apart from our last game we have only scored one goal a game since Barnsey left. He may not score more than 1 in 4, but he does create chances so Vokes could score more.

Jan 10, 2014
Barnes is also not as good as Austin..

It was tongue in cheek Pogue Mahone. It was said at the time that we needed to replace Austin because we wouldn't score enough goals with Ings and Vokes.

Barnes will still get the same service as Ings because our other 9 outfield players will be the same ones. So by my reckoning Barnes should find the net no problem.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It was tongue in cheek Pogue Mahone. It was said at the time that we needed to replace Austin because we wouldn't score enough goals with Ings and Vokes.

Barnes will still get the same service as Ings because our other 9 outfield players will be the same ones. So by my reckoning Barnes should find the net no problem.

And he will. Given chances, he will score. Despite what some on here will tell you, he is a good finisher.

He also plays with passion, and brings out the best in other players.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Barnes beams attribute is he'll pull the rest of the team up with his passion , something we've missed since Crofts got injured.

Jan 10, 2014
Dyche has said that the minimum requirement is maximum effort.

So Barnes fits the bill a treat.

Good luck with the play off push.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It will be interesting to see what the OP says in 6 or7 games time and despite what many would like to think we havent missed Barnes at all since Ulloa came back as he wouldnt have played in preference and would have made just a few sub appearances, as he has for Burnley.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It will be interesting to see what the OP says in 6 or7 games time and despite what many would like to think we havent missed Barnes at all since Ulloa came back as he wouldnt have played in preference and would have made just a few sub appearances, as he has for Burnley.

friday night drink?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I know that quite a few people on here like to keep an eye on former players, and why shouldn't they?

Any road, it's looking very much like Danny Ings is going to be out for a bit (sorry that's all the info that I've got), so Ashley will be stepping in.

He's done well in his few cameo appearances and is a good replacement for Ings.

Do you think our promotion charge will suffer with Barnes coming in for Ings?

No!

I do sometimes keep an eye on former players....but have moved on from him leaving and quite frankly couldn't give a flying fvck about what he does.

Our fate is our own to decide now!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It will be interesting to see what the OP says in 6 or7 games time and despite what many woukd lije to think we havent missed Barnes at all since Ulloa came back as he wouldnt have played in preference and just made a few sub appearances, as he hss for Burnley.

Nonsense. He regularly played when Ulloa was in the team, or came on as a sub and improved the team's performance.

We have also missed AEA, and he wasn't a regular at the end either.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All the games that Lingard or Rodriguez have been picked for. And he'd have made far more of an impact.
What rubbish we let him go because Burnley gave him £1k a week more than we thought he was worth plus an extra years contract, and we knew we could bring in better players cheaper, which I think they will prove we have.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What rubbish we let him go because Burnley gave him £1k a week more than we thought he was worth plus an extra years contract, and we knew we could bring in better players cheaper, which I think they will prove we have.

not as rubbish as saying he would have made just a few sub appearances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here