Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save the time of watching Garcias post match interview.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Each question, no matter the subject, was answered with this:

"we have good players, i'm happy with the season, we try win the game."

or

"they have good players, i'm happy with the season, we try win the game."

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Gus got criticized for talking too much, Oscar now gets stick for talking too little :shrug:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
A lot of it is down to the questions he is asked. I get sick of interviewers asking about how brilliant the fans are etc as he just keeps saying they are great, 12th man etc etc.....so bloody needy! And what does he feel about this player or that player. He made it fairly obvious months ago he prefers not to single out individuals so why waste time asking him and who cares anyway. I like Johnny Cantor but the questions on the latest one were absolutely dire.

Perhaps we should be asking him some more in depth stuff on tactics or the jobs specific players are asked to do. I'm sure most people would be more interested in that than if us lovely supporters are the 12th man or not!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is exactly what I like about Oscar and he makes me laugh when he frowns at stupid questions as well.

You can play around with the english language and go chapter and verse, but short and sweet is good enough for me.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

or

Oscar isn't that comfortable talking to the media, so what.
I'd rather he did his talking in the dressing room and on the training ground rather than the previous Mr rent a quote getting us into trouble in the press

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To be honest, I rather wish that I'd saved the time it's taken me to read this.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

or

I've just had a look at his interview on the Bolton match and have found it rather informative. At over 3 mins long I feel that your view of him is more than slightly flawed.

http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/la...0314114000/page/0/name/oscar-on-trotters-test

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
don't get me wrong - i don't mind and i'm not attacking Garcia - just trying to save people time and give those without seagulls player some insight.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
don't get me wrong - i don't mind and i'm not attacking Garcia - just trying to save people time and give those without seagulls player some insight.

Yeah?

Well don't worry, I'm sure no one got you wrong......

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
After Poyet I think you will find that Oscar has been advised not to say anything controversial in after match interviews

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
His command of English isn't fantastic. Its workable though. Like many who are not 100% fluent, its not always possible to have a full vocabulary of expression. Not being fluent in English can of course be useful for a coach when they get a sticky question from a journo they don't fancy answering - Simply hide behind 'no comprende'.

I'd do the same. :wink:

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

or

What was that clucking? Chicken, hen, bantam? Oh, no, you're a COCK

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
This is exactly what I like about Oscar and he makes me laugh when he frowns at stupid questions as well.

You can play around with the english language and go chapter and verse, but short and sweet is good enough for me.

Quite! You can almost see sometimes he wants to say "Why are you asking me such a stupid question."

It reflects the words of the Talking Heads song Psycho Killer - something along the lines of "Got nothing to say? Why say it at all.!

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
OG is an honourable man. The best. Would you like to face the Spanish press in their lingo once a week ?
Think about it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here