Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheapest hospitality for Arsenal vs Citeh is £780 pp!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I kid you not. £780! Just look at what you get:

"Pre-match buffet served in a shared Executive Box
Complimentary selected wines, beers and soft drinks throughout the entire matchday
Premium match seats
Matchday programme
An exclusive Arsenal gift
*Please note that the dining experience is informal"

It's a buffet, free bar and a decent seat!

If you want formal dining - that's £1500.

Is this what awaits us? I so hope not.

Why did I look? I have a client who wants to go. *Sigh*

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's made me really angry. £780 is 9% more than a season ticket for next season in the most expensive area of the AMEX bar 1901. One of my guys is a Gooner, he can take the client, and I'll meet him for dinner after the game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't really care how much the executive boxes cost. If a club - and I include the Abion in this - is able to fleece corporate suits that sort of cash for a single game then good luck to them. The more money that they're able to make from this; the less they need to bump up the costs of season tickets to the real fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The more money that they're able to make from this; the less they need to bump up the costs of season tickets to the real fans.

Yeah, like THATS gonna happen. Cheapest season ticket at the Emirates ? £985. Rising to £1,995 for the most expensive.

Oh, and they've just announced they're doing a 3% hike on season ticket prices for next season.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Yeah, like THATS gonna happen. Cheapest season ticket at the Emirates ? £985. Rising to £1,995 for the most expensive.

Oh, and they've just announced they're doing a 3% hike on season ticket prices for next season.
And yet people still buy them.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Yep, this was the implication behind my OP. It's just a fallacy to think that a club will load the prices for corporate tickets so that they can keep the prices down for non-corporates. No, they will load the prices for all tickets.

Obviously, if we get promoted prices will go up. I hope to God that the cheapest price for a S/T at the AMEX doesn't get to £985 in my lifetime.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And yet people still buy them.

With thousands upon thousands of previously regular, loyal fans no doubt simply priced out of watching them now. With the amount of cash flowing into that club, its pretty revolting how they fleece their fans like this (bearing in mind you can get a season ticket at Man City for £299). They'll claim "supply and demand", and point to the fact that they still have season ticket waiting lists, as if this in some way justifies the ridiculous prices they impose, but whatever way you slice it, those prices stink (and I know Arsenal aren't alone in that, but they are by far the worst offenders).

I don't know how anyone could even begin to justify paying those prices. I certainly wouldn't.

The full list of cheapest / most expensive can be seen here

http://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...ier-league-ticket-prices-club-charge-the-most

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
With thousands upon thousands of previously regular, loyal fans no doubt simply priced out of watching them now. With the amount of cash flowing into that club, its pretty revolting how they fleece their fans like this (bearing in mind you can get a season ticket at Man City for £299). They'll claim "supply and demand", and point to the fact that they still have season ticket waiting lists, as if this in some way justifies the ridiculous prices they impose, but whatever way you slice it, those prices stink (and I know Arsenal aren't alone in that, but they are by far the worst offenders).

I don't know how anyone could even begin to justify paying those prices. I certainly wouldn't.

The full list of cheapest / most expensive can be seen here

http://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...ier-league-ticket-prices-club-charge-the-most
Absolutely. Makes you wonder where the tipping point will be and just how far the money men will push the line?

And how is it possible to watch superior teams (Munich for example) in other countries for a tenner.

Football in this country is a mess. Long live FFP.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They'll claim "supply and demand", and point to the fact that they still have season ticket waiting lists

They claim the waiting list is 40,000!

The finances of football are truly screwed in England.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Obviously, if we get promoted prices will go up. I hope to God that the cheapest price for a S/T at the AMEX doesn't get to £985 in my lifetime.

There is no reason, given promotion to the premier league, why our prices shouldn't remain stable or even go DOWN. Profits from tickets sold is such a small part of the top league gravy train. It would be lovely if loyal supporters were rewarded.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not at Arsenal if they have 60k (plus 40k waiting) to pay over a grand for a season ticket each year!

From a purely commercial perspective, you are of course right. However, it does price a load of working class people out of the market and that's very sad. I don't know how it can get fixed though, without manipulating the market.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There is no reason, given promotion to the premier league, why our prices shouldn't remain stable or even go DOWN. Profits from tickets sold is such a small part of the top league gravy train. It would be lovely if loyal supporters were rewarded.

Agreed, but they'll go up, won't they?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Reading this sort of thing rather makes me a) angry and b) almost wish something would come along to cause the whole preposterousness of the finances at the higher levels of the game to implode and cause this ridiculous, puffed-up bubble to burst. I just can't see what might prompt that though: as long as demand is in place, then it's there to be exploited and ruthlessly so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here