Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our run in v everybody else.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who of the contenders has, on paper at least, the hardest run in this season?

I don't imagine for one minute anybody has an 'easier' one that us.
What with only 1 guaranteed top 6 team in our last 11 games.

Yes I know:-

1 chicken, 2 chickens, 3 chickens ...

But I imagine every other top 8 team would swap their Easter programme for Hudderfield, Blackpool followed by Yeovil, having begun with Charlton.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We seem to struggle with the supposed 'easier' teams though so not sure it is going to make a huge amount of difference until we learn to put away the lower placed teams.

(this is just my perspective and I have done no research so I await my flaming)

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We seem to struggle with the supposed 'easier' teams though so not sure it is going to make a huge amount of difference until we learn to put away the lower placed teams.

(this is just my perspective and I have done no research so I await my flaming)
Agreed hence the ' around easier.

I rarely look ahead, for that reason, so I was quite struck how our run in would appear to be in our own hands.

If we don't make the play offs, so be it, we weren't good enough, no other excuses needed.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Who of the contenders has, on paper at least, the hardest run in this season?

I don't imagine for one minute anybody has an 'easier' one that us.
What with only 1 guaranteed top 6 team in our last 11 games.

Yes I know:-

1 chicken, 2 chickens, 3 chickens ...

But I imagine every other top 8 team would swap their Easter programme for Hudderfield, Blackpool followed by Yeovil, having begun with Charlton.

Those teams will be fighting for their lives to stay up. To date we have lost to Charlton and drew with Yeovil. These would not be as easy games as people think IMO.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Never underestimate a team scrapping for survival - Charlton & Yeovil will be fighting for their lives. Those teams who are "safe" in mid-table with nothing to play for may blood some youngsters or fringe players who may also be playing for a contract next year.

I fear there are no easy games and we should become complacent at our peril.

But it IS do-able.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Totally agree.
The point I was making is there must be top 8 teams looking at their run in v ours and thinking, 'I'd kill for that'.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
fixtures - home is green, away in red, games versus contenders in bold

Fixtures.png

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wigan's final THREE games will be against teams who all have nothing to play for. Worrying.

but they play almost everyone else before then. Plus they have a big distraction.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's the usual mental Championship season where everyone is beating everyone else (apart from Leicester, Burnley and Barnsley). If we win most of our home games we'll make the play offs. Then it's all about the teams who are hard to beat HELLO!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's BLOODY tight. If Wigan win their 2 games in hand they are ONE point behind Derby in THIRD.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's BLOODY tight. If Wigan win their 2 games in hand they are ONE point behind Derby in THIRD.

But they have a brutal period this month, plus 2 games in the run up to the Cup Semi Final - do you think anyone might be careful to avoid injuries to ensure they're fit for Wembley?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's the usual mental Championship season where everyone is beating everyone else (apart from Leicester, Burnley and Barnsley). If we win most of our home games we'll make the play offs. Then it's all about the teams who are hard to beat HELLO!!

We were hard to beat last season, don't forget.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If I had to pick 1, I'd say Forest ... they seem to have a fairly straightforward run of homes (apart from their last!) although they are all against teams fighting relegation so no easy rides. Plus they have tough aways including trips to three sides still hoping for a play off spot.

On paper (which isn't where the game is played obv) I'm not sure I'd swap ours except maybe Derby

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
True true. But I'd fancy us over two legs against Derby, Reading and even Wigan. I'm hoping Forest don't make it as they're less predictable.

I think we could beat Derby, Reading and Forest. I'd be more concerned against QPR and Wigan. Wigan are a very strong side in a false position at the moment.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I was wondering the other day if the way we play suits us in the latter stages of the season. Teams have to start coming out more to actually win games, this leaves spaces open which we exploit with our passing game. My hope for our matches with those relegation threatened sides is that they will have to play to win rather than try and sit for a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here