Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer

BHAFC Lad

Mar 11, 2014
What is it some Albion fans have against him ? I think he is a very good player. Good passer of the ball and a born leader. What are your thoughts?:bhasign:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Alright Ms Greer?

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
A lot of the UKIP massive don't like the fact that he's Scottish. If he was from In-ger-lund he'd have his own North Stand banner and song by now.

Sad state of affairs.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Has been carried for the last two years by others around him.

Can look good, but is making more and more mistakes and that showed against Reading, where his giving the ball away indirectly led to us possibly not gaining 3 points against Reading.

In the games he hasn't played, we have not missed him and in fact, we look more resilient at the back with Dunk and Upson.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Is a good player but unfortunately still plays like he is playing for Gus. Backwards and sideways. Dunk looks to get the ball forward quicker, that should result in more chances at goal over 90 minutes. I also think that Dunk will score more goals from corners etc. Greer hardly gets his head on anything. Having said that it is Oscars decision who plays and I trust him to get it right rather than me.:)

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Has been carried for the last two years by others around him.

Can look good, but is making more and more mistakes and that showed against Reading, where his giving the ball away indirectly led to us possibly not gaining 3 points against Reading.

In the games he hasn't played, we have not missed him and in fact, we look more resilient at the back with Dunk and Upson.

Carried to the most amount of clean sheets in the championship?! We should probably just play 3 at the back then....

Upson messed up in the Wigan game and cost us points, guess he past it too as well

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If he was a player born in Sussex and been here all his career we would be forever singing his praises. As a group of fans I've never been so shocked at the range of opinions about individual players. So much is based on preferences rather than if the player actually adds anything to our team.

We also must have a fall guy or someone to complain about which is rarely the worst player or the guy who made the mistakes but often the least favourite

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
Carried to the most amount of clean sheets in the championship?! We should probably just play 3 at the back then....

Upson messed up in the Wigan game and cost us points, guess he past it too as well

Stupid argument about upson....Greer on the other hand is slow and getting found out on a consistent basis....he's a passenger .....always looking for someone else to blame which drives me mad

Imagine if we still had el and and Greer as our CB partnership !!!!

Upson has carried him

Having more bad days than good recently which is worrying

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Greer almost ever present this season as a CB. More clean sheets than any other team in the Champ. (jointly with QPR) Fewest goals per game conceded than any other team in the Championship. Likewise a similar defensive record last season. And now regular CB for Scotland. Greer is obviously a key part of our impressive back 5. His passing is underrated. Often splits defences.

I'll be amazed if he's "dropped" on Saturday. OG will rightly put him straight back in the team (although Dunk is impressive too)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He's become the new Barnes. People get on his back for some reason. The only thing I see wrong with him is that sometimes he makes a silly decision or gets too hotheaded.

But if he's as shit as many people on here say, do you think he would have been made captain? No. Do you think Gus would have picked him week after week? No. Would Oscar pick him? No. Do you think he'd be anywhere near the Scotland team? No.

He is a great player. He's been in the middle of our defence whilst we've been winning leagues, reaching playoffs and keeping clean sheet after clean sheet. That's no fluke. He's not being carried by anyone. He's just bloody good at his job.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Greer almost ever present this season as a CB. More clean sheets than any other team in the Champ. (jointly with QPR) Fewest goals per game conceded than any other team in the Championship. Likewise a similar defensive record last season. And now regular CB for Scotland. Greer is obviously a key part of our impressive back 5. His passing is underrated. Often splits defences.

I'll be amazed if he's "dropped" on Saturday. OG will rightly put him straight back in the team (although Dunk is impressive too)

Agreed ,and how anyone can say he has been carried for the last two seasons is beyond comprehension .Yes he has made mistakes ,and so have others but he has played a lot of games and statistically he will over time make mistakes and probably will again like other players who play regularly.This hang em high attitude to some of our players is quite frankly absurd .Our defensive record is something a lot of teams in the championship aspire to, so how anyone can knock Greer has dumbfounded me .I do like Dunk as a player and think we are lucky to have a player like him who can come in and do a good job ,but for the time being its Greer for me .

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

It's bad enough that your blog is well written and intelligent please don't let this slip into your postings there is no place for it here !

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
If you are a team that encourages defenders to play out from the back then occasionally they are going to make mistakes unless they are world class players. I would much rather embrace this style of football and the odd error every now and again than revert to percentages style kick and rush which would mean fewer errors but shocking football.

Personally I rate Greer, he is comfortable on the ball and capable of a cracking long pass every so often a la Newcastle last year leading to Orlandi's goal.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
If he was a player born in Sussex and been here all his career we would be forever singing his praises.

Exactly. Greer's problem is that he was born north of the border which doesn't go down well with the In-ger-Lund supporting UKIP massive.

Sad as Greer deserves much better-he's been integral to our ascent towards the Premier League.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If he was a player born in Sussex and been here all his career we would be forever singing his praises.

Exactly. Greer's problem is that he was born north of the border which doesn't go down well with the In-ger-Lund supporting UKIP massive.

Sad as Greer deserves much better-he's been integral to our ascent towards the Premier League.

Greer has been brilliant for the Albion, but he is not the player that he was. Dunk is the future, and I feel safer with him in the team, as I did when Adam played earlier this season.

It's a bit bizarre to suggest that anyone who doesn't think he should be first choice is part of the UKIP massive. I have NEVER heard anyone slag him off for being Scottish, or Ward for being Irish, or Ulloa for being Argentinian...etc...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Greer is in decline, but he is still a very competent championship CD. The idea he is being carried is nonsense, he is still in front of Dunk who positionally still makes some errors and drops very deep. That said I would expect Dunk to be 1st choice next season as we have to lower the age of our back four and introduce some pace, I would expect a younger full back to come in, on one side too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here