Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's the cheapest pint in Sussex?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can you beat £2.70 for a pint of Harvey's Mild in the Mitre Tavern, Baker Street, Brighton?

Not paid that price for a pint down here in years and not had Mild in God knows how long either. It's a lovely old-fashioned boozer too.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Mitre is fantastic although they do occasionally serve a lumpy pint of Harveys. Don't think they quite have the turnover they need.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They will do soon when the student flats are built.

The London Road area seems to have started to change for the better.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The Lindfield club was around £2 a pint of Harvey's when I was there just before Christmas. There is a £30 annual fee and joining fee to consider however

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That is a ridiculous bargain and the mere mention of that nice old pub and that beer and at that price is making me painfully desperate - like a junkie or something - for several pints of Harveys Mild RIGHT NOW. :0(

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I paid £1.85 for a pint of ale (I can't remember which ale) in Weatherspoons in Hailsham not long ago. I also had one of the nicest pints I've ever had in there for £2.15 which was Sussex Pride from the Longman brewery.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At a British Legion I would imagine.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't think i've ever seen Harveys Mild on tap

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I paid £1.85 for a pint of ale (I can't remember which ale) in Weatherspoons in Hailsham not long ago. I also had one of the nicest pints I've ever had in there for £2.15 which was Sussex Pride from the Longman brewery.

Despite their reputation wetherspoons do do good ales. Had a pint of Sneck Lifter in the Crystal Palace one a few months back that was one of the best I've had. £2.10 it was I think. Ridiculously cheap.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I don't think i've ever seen Harveys Mild on tap

Mostly available in Harveys Tied houses, although I think the Buckingham Arms in Shoreham still sells it. Desperately out of fashion in a world of high hops, high alcohol experimental "craft" brews, but still a great session beer.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Kumquat;6239023 [B said:
Despite their reputation wetherspoons do do good ales. Had a pint of Sneck Lifter in the Crystal Palace one a few months back that was one of the best I've had. £2.10 it was I think. Ridiculously cheap.

Last year, Weatherspoons on Victoria station were selling Dark Star Hophead at a very reasonable price by London standards - About £3.20 if I remember correctly?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can you beat £2.70 for a pint of Harvey's Mild in the Mitre Tavern, Baker Street, Brighton?

Not paid that price for a pint down here in years and not had Mild in God knows how long either. It's a lovely old-fashioned boozer too.

I would have stumped up another 50p for something decent. However, The Mitre does have some good ales from time to time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Stanley in Portslade does a cellar night on Mondays every now and again selling off the last of certain barrels. There are some absolute bargains at times and there's a beer raffle and free cheese and olives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here