Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many hours a day do you spend at work?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Typically. And not including the journey to and from. Just the time at your job.

Also - do you do any work outside of your work hours? On the train for example, or in the evening when you get home / weekends etc.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Generally get in at 0800. Although only paid from 0845. Leave at 1610 or thereabouts.

If I got in at 0845, I wouldn't have enough time to get everything done for the day before the children arrive, plus lesson planning (It's an SEN school and I am a two-one TA). Plus it means I beat the various school runs.

I generally spend an hour a day outside of work hours to prepare for the following day or doing favours for my teacher. Although I did spend 12 hours t'other weekend making a video for our class assembly. A labour of love.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On average I probably do around 45 hours a week, contracted to do 37 hours however my position does not pay overtime as agreed in my contract but the salary, in my view, is good.

Do quite a lot out of hours or when travelling as well.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As is usual for someone in my position as a carer for a disabled family member I'm on call or working 24/7 at home.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I spend about 2-3 hours each day in the office and am at home or travelling to clients the rest of the time. My hours vary dramatically, from 4-5 through to 18-20; the latter occurring when we close a big deal, an acquisition, or around the time we announce our results. I guess I do about 70 hours a week spread across all days.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
8 - 3 Mon to Fri. Option to work at home but get more done in the office.
Evenings probably an hour each night on the Internet running my business ( seperate from the day job)

The most important thing is that I do love my job.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I work 5am-2pm Monday-Thursday, and 5am-9am on Fridays, I do extra hours when we are busy, but only if I'm being paid for it.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
0730 - 1630 Monday through Friday. optional Saturdays (when the work is there) 0730 - 1400 for a days money.

when i put my tools down and head off, that's me done. no emailing or anything of the like till the next morning.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My son & I work on average six hours a day.
We don't stop for food or drink in that time.
At the age of 57 I'm still waiting to become a millionaire plumber like that bn9 bha bloke from Newhaven:)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Start 08.30, finish 17:00. However, I also do second level out of hours support, which basically means if the numpty on call can't fix the issue, they call me, which is usually what happens, and happens alarmingly regularly.

As an example, after the game on Tuesday I got home about 1130, got called just after midnight and spent 2 hours fixing something, went to bed and got woken again at 0530 to fix something else which took another hour. Upside of that is that I'm not expected to commute the following morning so I do end up WFH quite a bit.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 565

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anything between 2 and 9 hrs a day, but normally have at least one day a week off (in addition to weekends) and average of 20-25 hrs per week including travelling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here