Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric Cantona arrested for assault in London - another Palace fan?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If it was another palace fan, then French or not, he will have to go on the legends wall.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
An odious ,self important prick.
Neil Ruddock was fully justified in turning down his collar all those years ago.
King Eric, my arse !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Neil Ruddock was fully justified in turning down his collar all those years ago.
King Eric, my arse !

Yes, moderately good footballer with delusions of adequacy when it came to poetry and acting.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
One of the best players in my lifetime. Had a go at a Palace fan. Played the media with a tongue in his cheek. The man is a legend - stick him up on the wall anyway.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
King Eric, my arse !

image.jpg

I found a street named after you today:)

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
King Eric is a legend, he used to be my hero when I was a kid.

Cantona believe it or not is one of the most humble down to earth dudes that played the game, he doesnt care about money, cars, clothes or any other material objects, he doesnt even care about his medals!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes, moderately good footballer with delusions of adequacy when it came to poetry and acting.
Hardly moderate,........ one of the most gifted players I have seen on a British football pitch,... bags of character too, we need more of this type in our leagues, currently with very few exceptions, the players are bland, rich and aloof. Cantona was 'in touch' with the fans, just look at that Selhurst incident.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I find it odd that palace fans are still so cross with him, particularly as they keep denying that the kung-fu kicked fan was one of their own sorry crowd.

A case of thou dost protest too much perhaps?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hardly moderate,........ one of the most gifted players I have seen on a British football pitch,... bags of character too, we need more of this type in our leagues, currently with very few exceptions, the players are bland, rich and aloof. Cantona was 'in touch' with the fans, just look at that Selhurst incident.

Moderately good player in a good team. He was not the brilliant player you could build a team around in the mould of Robson,Dalgliesh or Platini. He only played 45 times for France across a 5 year period until he fell out with the French boss and didn't even play that many times for United in his career. He was in the right place at the right time when he arrived at United and is more iconic rather than a real legend.
He seems to like being different or mysterious for some reason.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"When I did the kung fu kick on the hooligan, because these kind of people don't have to be at the game... it's like a dream for some, you know, sometimes to kick these kind of people,"

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
"When I did the kung fu kick on the hooligan, because these kind of people don't have to be at the game... it's like a dream for some, you know, sometimes to kick these kind of people,"

I'm not going to advocate that statement but, lol lol lol lol lol!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here