Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora's next club

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On Tuesday Harry Redknapp revealed that Bobby Zamora is looking for a new club, with his two and a half year deal up this summer.

So where do we think he will end up?

1. He has historically chosen to live and play in the South-East.
2. He hasn't played much football in the last 2 years, so will probably want a move where he'll get plenty of first team action.
3. Physically, it's unlikely he'll play much more than 30-35 games in a season.
4. Tactically, I'd expect him to be targeting a club where he wouldn't be the lone striker - I don't think his body is up to that job any more. More likely he'd play the Heskey role in a Heskey-Owen type combination.
5. I don't think he'd come cheap, so only a handful of Championship clubs will be able to afford him with FFP in full effect. With his body he'd be a gamble for any team.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It really depends whether 1) He wants to continue playing and 2) He's prepared to take a huge cut in wages.

I doubt any club is/will be stupid enough to offer him tens of thousands per week anymore.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Obviously the sensible "would he be worth the wages? Would he be fit?" aspect of my brain says don't go anywhere near him.

Luckily that part of my brain accounts for around 8.65% of my total brain mass.

So I say "GET HIM IN!!!!!!!!!!!".

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Injury prone and coming to the end of his career. I think he is in for a massive pay cut to get another club and yes he will come pretty cheap in my books. Not that i want him though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, the X Factor is wages. Some players are content to take the biggest pay cheque and sit on the bench. If he's prepared to do that there are several Prem clubs that would be happy to have him as back-up if he could pass the medical.

But if he wants game-time then it's got to be the Championship.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yes, the X Factor is wages. Some players are content to take the biggest pay cheque and sit on the bench. If he's prepared to do that there are several Prem clubs that would be happy to have him as back-up if he could pass the medical.

But if he wants game-time then it's got to be the Championship.
I would be amazed if a Premiership club took him on.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
On Tuesday Harry Redknapp revealed that Bobby Zamora is looking for a new club, with his two and a half year deal up this summer.

So where do we think he will end up?

1. He has historically chosen to live and play in the South-East.
2. He hasn't played much football in the last 2 years, so will probably want a move where he'll get plenty of first team action.
3. Physically, it's unlikely he'll play much more than 30-35 games in a season.
4. Tactically, I'd expect him to be targeting a club where he wouldn't be the lone striker - I don't think his body is up to that job any more. More likely he'd play the Heskey role in a Heskey-Owen type combination.
5. I don't think he'd come cheap, so only a handful of Championship clubs will be able to afford him with FFP in full effect. With his body he'd be a gamble for any team.

If we dont go up this season and Ulloa goes then it wouldnt be a bad shout getting him back on a 'pay as you play' deal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would be amazed if a Premiership club took him on.

No transfer fee as he's out of contract, the enhanced TV deal means Prem clubs will be able to afford his wages. If he's fit he'll come into the equation - a fit Zamora would be getting game time at the likes of Fulham, Cardiff, West Brom, Sunderland now even if only as sub.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Retirement i would say, he's had his fair share of injuries. I reckon he won't stay in the game either. Just a hunch. Expect to see him employed by the club on a match day in hospitality!!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Re-kindling his potent strike force alongside Jermain Defoe at Toronto FC.

Not a bad shout that. Although they can't have much budget left, even with the rules for the extra 'star overseas players' or whatever its' proper name is.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd think maybe someone like Wolves. They've got a young squad which may need some experience in there. Whilst not 'down south' it's not that northern either. I guess they may not want to spunk a load of wages on him though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here