Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Bolton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So Andrews has to sit this one out as its his parent team, although I suspect the Bolton fans would have wanted him to play given his great reputation (!) up there.
Here is a link to a questionnaire that some of us filled in for a Bolton forum earlier in the season HERE IT IS. It may be of interest. Anyway.

Kuszczak

Bruno~Dunk~Upson~Ward

Stephens~Ince~Caskey

Buckley~Ulloa~Lingard

Subs: Ankergren, Calderon, Lualua, March, Orlandi, Spanish Dave, Hoskins.

I'm not sure if Greer is still suspended, if he isn't it'll be interesting to see if Garcia thinks Dunk did enough to retain his place. Its a big call to drop the skipper!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So Andrews has to sit this one out as its his parent team, although I suspect the Bolton fans would have wanted him to play given his great reputation (!) up there.
Here is a link to a questionnaire that some of us filled in for a Bolton forum earlier in the season HERE IT IS. It may be of interest. Anyway.

Kuszczak

Bruno~Dunk~Upson~Ward

Stephens~Ince~Caskey

Buckley~Ulloa~Lingard

I'm not sure if Greer is still suspended, if he isn't it'll be interesting to see if Garcia thinks Dunk did enough to retain his place. Its a big call to drop the skipper!

Don't mean to be nasty, but that is good news about Andrews imo - much rather see Stephens in that slot.

Greer is available. That position is a big call. I presume Dunk is training okay, as suffering no ill effects of the knock that required treatment on Tuesday.

Is Orlandi fit? (My mrs would say YES, obviously). If he is, he might be considered for JFC's spot, OR Lingard's, depending on how attacking we intend to set up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Don't mean to be nasty, but that is good news about Andrews imo - much rather see Stephens in that slot.

Greer is available. That position is a big call. I presume Dunk is training okay, as suffering no ill effects of the knock that required treatment on Tuesday.
I rate Stephens above Andrews too, I suspect Garcia would have tried to keep the same team that beat QPR though. Orlandi didn't make the bench for QPR, so I'm just guessing he'll be fit enough this time. The bench looks a bit stronger with him there.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good news with Andrews . He has been asked to play an unfamiliar position the last couple games and doesnt look suited to it. Put Stepehens in , otherwise no change from Tue.

Dunk was fantastic the other night but Greer has been consistent all season.

I would play Ince and Stephens as the defensive midfielders and Lingard in front of them, with Buckley and LuaLua as the wingers and Ulloa as striker.

I know Oscar won't pick this formation and team short of losing the next 5 in a row but I believe it has more chance of getting 3 points at Bolton than our usual cautious formation.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Greer will play, Stephens will replace Andrews, and hopefully Orlandi will be fit to replace JFC.
Not surprised if Hoskins makes the bench.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

Kuszczak

Bruno~Dunk~Upson~Ward

Stephens~Ince~Caskey

Buckley~Ulloa~Lingard

Wouldn't argue with that team. The only thing I'd change is putting Greer on the bench, probably for Lopez. I also don't know if Hoskins is fit or not?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Kuszczak

Bruno~Dunk~Upson~Ward

Stephens~Ince~Caskey

Buckley~Ulloa~Lingard

my team would be this for saturday

kuszczak

bruno
upson (C)
dunk
ward

ince
stephens
caskey

buckley
lingard
ulloa

Nailed on I reckon. :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Greer has to start. Harsh on Dunk, but his time will come, and his performance on Tuesday certainly makes Greer and Upson much easier to drop, if their form drops off or they need a rest.

Stephens for Andrews and Orlandi for Forster-Caskey and we've got our strongest team on the pitch for pretty much the first time this season. It would also be a team with no obvious weakness.
I'd agree, except to say JFC didn't do much wrong on Tuesday, and Orlandi hasn't proved as reliable as hoped in recent matches. I wouldn't be that upset if JFC was kept in for this one.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Is Orlandi fit? (My mrs would say YES, obviously). If he is, he might be considered for JFC's spot, OR Lingard's, depending on how attacking we intend to set up.

This. Dunk to stay, Stephens for Andrews, otherwise unchanged (and probably 60 mins in bring on Lua Lua and put Lingard in the middle or something)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For one of the first times this season we are all pretty much in agreement, I think that is a very good sign. When teams are struggling you often find weird team and formation combinations. A settled line up is so useful from a playing perspective, you get to know where your team mates are, what runs they are likely to make and so on.

Bolton away is a difficult one, but I'm feeling quietly optimistic.

:)

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am sure Oscar will bring Greer back in, which is why he's been lavishing praise on Dunk in the last 24 hours in order to soften the blow. But there have been enough lapses from Greer this season for me to think he should be fighting for his place, not walking back in after one game.

The problem with Forster-Caskey is that he's not strong enough to run a midfield and he's not skilful enough to offer much going forward. He's not bad and he doesn't tend to make mistakes, but he's entirely forgettable. I think you need to do a bit more to be playing for a Championship team with eyes on the top six. On the other hand, even in average form I still think the beautiful Andrea is more like to create or score a goal and he'll probably be more involved too. Andrea is two weeks in the Seychelles, Forster-Caskey is a pleasant but uninspiring long weekend in the New Forest.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. The question is, do you want your very dependable plodder (JFC) or your sometime creative one for whom the game might end up passing him by (AO)? I honestly reckon the decision will be a tactical one based on the opposition, but couldn't call it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here