Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 4 - Astronauts: Living In Space

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone else been watching this, a video diary of astronauts on the ISS?

Must be an incredible experience, and one hell of a view from up there.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Seen Gravity Frutos?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Despite some of the poetic licence physics, a very good film, gave a good idea of what it's like. I only brought it from Blinkbox to watch on the 46", must have been even better at IMAX.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Despite some of the poetic licence physics, a very good film, gave a good idea of what it's like. I only brought it from Blinkbox to watch on the 46", must have been even better at IMAX.

Yup, I really enjoyed it and I think IMAX was definitely the optimum way to see it - part of the reason I haven't bought it on Blu-Ray is because seeing it on my TV just won't compare. Also, having seen it once I don't really feel like I need to see it again.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't think I could cope with sitting through Sandra Bollock's incessant hound-like panting again. Great film (Gravity) though, if completely lacking in atmosphere.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Was a very interesting watch and looking forward to the rest. Tonight's look at the dangers of space travel sounds particularly interesting.

Thought it may have been a mistake having a lightweight presenter but O'Leary probably helped get viewing figures up/spreading the appeal.

Slightly odd that this was the main guy's 4th trip, puts his family through hell each time and he kept banging on about the sacrifices, but still does it even though there must be a massive queue to replace him! Perhaps this will be his last.

Would love to give it a (brief) go. Weightlessness and the views. Incredible!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I watched a DVD about space docking the other night. Different than I thought it would be.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Next part tonight, entitled The Wrath of Kanu, one man's fury at not being paid his wages by Portsmouth FC. Tomorrow night: Space Mission Impossible - the search for atmosphere in the ESU.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Next part tonight, entitled The Wrath of Kanu, one man's fury at not being paid his wages by Portsmouth FC. Tomorrow night: Space Mission Impossible - the search for atmosphere in the ESU.

:lolol:

Very good.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Italian astronaut who they're talking to, Luca Parmitano, is a friend of my partner's from when he (my partner) got to do an internship at the European Astronaut Centre in Koln as part of his Masters degree in 2012.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
the last 'lap of earth' episode started oddly- sure the background had UK in view, but then started chatting to the astronaut with west coaost USA?

Yes, they were flying over Baja, California when the programme started. They never actually flew live over the UK during the programme but showed pre-recorded footage of Southern England. Brighton got a name check as they passed (by Dermot!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here