Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetical but impossible situation.....

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
....just supposing that Oscar could persuade Lionel Messi to come and play for the seagulls for 2 weeks, instead of going on holiday to Ibiza for his mid season hols - If this impossible scenario could happen and Messi was introduced into our squad what impact would he have? Would he bang in 3 goals a game? Would his link up play with Leo end our goal drought? I've drunk too much, I'm off to bed. Night x

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Impact sub?

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Somebody would clatter through the back of him completely off the ball in the first few minutes and he'd be out for 2 weeks.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Wouldn't cope in the Championship end up with two broken legs after the first match !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think Vicente showed us: he would wow and delight the crowd with moments of genious, but ultimatly be on a different wavelength to the team and not change much in way of results.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i think Vicente showed us: he would wow and delight the crowd with moments of genious, but ultimatly be on a different wavelength to the team and not change much in way of results.

YOu have to be jesting, right? I'm not sure they are comparable. We inherited a former global superstar on the decline. As exciting as it was, the Messi now would probably push our average up to two a game.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
YOu have to be jesting, right? I'm not sure they are comparable.

not at all. of course they are not directly comparable, but i think it showed how one superstar doesnt necessarily make a team suddenly win everything. we'd see Messi not getting the ball quick enough, or making runs which our players dont foresee, finding space where our players arent confindent or capable of passing into.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here