Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cold Burgers

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Chanced a burger on Saturday, no complaints with quality (that's not to say it was QUALITY! This is a football game...). What I used to enjoy and expect from a burger at a game (apart from disgusting wind later) was it was at least hot - you know, served from a hot griddle a la Withdean burger vans. But we're not allowed those, so it got me thinking...do HOT burgers actually exist at Brighton games anymore? Mine on Saturday was stone cold but then the way they're served at the Amex, I guess they always would be.

Has anyone ever had a hot burger since Withdean? :) And what happened to onions? :annoyed:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Never had one (I'm a pie man through and through) but oddly enough my lad remarked on Saturday how hot his burger was........all adds to the pre-match excitement..........the pie of course had been superheated in a nuclear reactor as usual.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Never had one (I'm a pie man through and through) but oddly enough my lad remarked on Saturday how hot his burger was........all adds to the pre-match excitement..........the pie of course had been superheated in a nuclear reactor as usual.

Positive news! Hot burgers do exist at the Amex! Now, for the missing Onions question...has anyone seen or had (concourse fayre) since Withdean days? :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
...and whilst we're on the subject, are the chips 'oven chips' ? They certainly taste like it, and that might go some way to justifying the cost of about 30p each.......will be sticking to pies (especially if there is a chilli or balti option)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be good to have mustard available to put on them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've not had a football burger for years, but in my experience the burger may be hot, but the buns are always cold. So unless you ram the whole thing down your gaping maw within about 3 chomps, the whole thing will be stone cold quicker than 3 rolls of a Spanish Dave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here