Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Women: Sole Ready for Final

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion women’s goalkeeper, Charlotte Sole, is urging fans to turn up in their droves at tomorrow’s Sussex Challenge Cup Final against Chichester at Culver Road, kick-off 7.30pm. The Seagulls will be aiming to retain the trophy for a third consecutive season and Charlotte believes the fans can make a real difference on the night.She told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m expecting it to be a very close match and Chichester will bring a lot of their ‘Green Army’ fans down, so I hope a lot of Albion fans will turn up as well.

“It’s a game we look forward to every year and it’s a trophy we always aim to win at the start of every season.We don’t get that atmosphere in any other game because it’s a cup final, and it’s always a special feeling in the changing room just before kick-off.

“Last year’s game against Lewes (Albion won 2-0) was very tough and it was a great feeling to lift the trophy afterwards.”The two sides will be very familiar with each other going into tomorrow’s match, as players from both teams regularly feature in Sussex representative games.
Hollie Wride and Lauren Cheshire also started the current campaign at Albion before moving on to Chichester.
Charlotte added, “Chichester have some county players in their squad that a number of the girls and myself know very well. It will also be good to see Chesh and Hollie again.
“But the main aim is to get a result on the night and we are all focused ahead of the game.”
Entry for Thursday night’s game is priced at £4.00 for adults and £2.00 for concessions.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here