Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For which Albion goal were you in the ultimate place to watch it sail in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clearly not a question for the Withdean Years!!!

There's been a few at the Amex, for those of us in the Family Stand.
Palace, Buckley v Bolton, + about 50% of Will's other second half goals.

Not too many from the 'good old days' stand out, other than Terry Connor's header at Hull, in the FA Cup.

But basically this is yet another homage to last nights opener.

Perhaps I could have been a smidge higher up to fully appreciate Ulloa, but had I been I'd have not been in the optimum place to soak in Bruno's majesty.

After the interplay Bruno's cross couldn't have been more perfect in my eye line.

By the time Ulloa's foot clearly came into sight a couple of yards out, everything was in slow motion, until the net bulged.

It'll be a long time before I forget that one.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I will nominate two:

Munday's glorious one at Leicester. I was in the front row as far along to the centre as possible. Just watched it clearly as it flew over (well, more like sailed over) the keeper.

Chapman's equaliser in the 3-3 draw at home to Bournemouth. From behind the goal in the North watching it curl away in to the top corner with the keeper (Bartram?) nowhere near it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Ulloa's diving header against Arsenal.
Our lot go in the North for all the cup games.
Even better is the footage saved on my Virgin box---the dull THUD picked up by the pitch microphone of Barnes cross sends shivers down my spine.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
I was behind the south stand goal at the goldstone when Dean Wilkins scored his screamer against ipswich in 91 :rave:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Easy one for me (and the old man probably); we were both in the Goldstone's south stand right in line of Dean Wilkins' stoppage time free-kick against Ipswich which secured our play-off spot and our eventual trip to Wembley.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Easy one for me (and the old man probably); we were both in the Goldstone's south stand right in line of Dean Wilkins' stoppage time free-kick against Ipswich which secured our play-off spot and our eventual trip to Wembley.

And here it is! On approx 8mins! Not seen this for donkeys!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't get too carried away with the sentimentality of our best goals.

I mean the goal that you felt a part of, because it was 'right there' unblemished, or interrupted, as if you were playing FIFA.
(I realise I'm not making a great deal of sense)

Apr 12, 2011
Talking recent goals, I was in the south east corner for Solly March's stunner vs Norwich in preseason, pretty much directly in line with the flight of the ball.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chapman's equaliser in the 3-3 draw at home to Bournemouth. From behind the goal in the North watching it curl away in to the top corner with the keeper (Bartram?) nowhere near it.
That's a good shout, although I was in the South West so it was a distance away.

But to this day I remember the rain from the roof of the net spraying into the floodlight evening, as the ball thundered in.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
From our seat in the Family Stand, Bruno's cross was perfect.

The one that stands out, was a long range header from Vincelot a couple of years ago, into the South goal. From our seat we could see it was going in as soon as it left his head.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
THAT free kick from Spanish Dave against palace. I was in the south end of the east stand lower and directly on the goal line. Perfect view to see it fly in!

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
Calde's Screamer for me, V Bristol City, was perfectly in line to see it fly past David James, to his far post, sublime strike ★★★★★

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Buckleys 2 v donny front row of wsu and ulloa header v arsenal

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Don't get too carried away with the sentimentality of our best goals.

I mean the goal that you felt a part of, because it was 'right there' unblemished, or interrupted, as if you were playing FIFA.
(I realise I'm not making a great deal of sense)

Honestly, we were right behind the top corner in which the free kick flew. Perfect spot for a perfect goal at the perfect time.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
If you are talking the best position in the stand to see a goal fly in - then mine has to be Bennett's arrow up at Boundary Park a few seasons back - I was right in line with it and knew as soon as it left his foot it was in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here