Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Calling . . .

el punal

All supposition this - but there is a real possibility that, next season, we could have NINE juicy away trips to London and surrounding area.

As it stands, in the Championship we would play QPR, Watford, Reading and, if they get their act together and not get relegated, Millwall and Charlton.
From League 1, Brentford and Leyton Orient are promotion hopefuls.
And, from the Premier League, dead men walking Fulham, and . . . . oh yes please, crystal palace, being relegated.

Mind you, all of this could go down the tubes if we get promoted! :drool:

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
All supposition this - but there is a real possibility that, next season, we could have NINE juicy away trips to London and surrounding area.

As it stands, in the Championship we would play QPR, Watford, Reading and, if they get their act together and not get relegated, Millwall and Charlton.
From League 1, Brentford and Leyton Orient are promotion hopefuls.
And, from the Premier League, dead men walking Fulham, and . . . . oh yes please, crystal palace, being relegated.

Mind you, all of this could go down the tubes if we get promoted! :drool:

I reckon we'll certainly see more southern teams next season which is great. I always work on the assumption that when a team from a certain area goes up, another team from that area gets relegated from the league above and things kind of even themselves out. All a load of tosh I'm sure but next year does look interesting if as you say we are still in the championship.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I know it's not London, but isn't Bournemouth fairly easy?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I just did exactly the same and looked at the tables of who we could play next season and looking forward to closer away games as we haven't had many this year.
Although, due to the lack of local away games, that has meant I have gone to games I wouldn't usually have.

Keep Forest and Derby in the division as well as Birmingham and we wont have to venture past the midlands, on too many occasions, next year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here