Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stand Ratings v QPR

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
North - 6.8 (deductions for 'Barmy Army' chant and, not for the first time 'We Forgot That You Were Here' sung to the away fans when the home ends had themselves been deathly silent prior to the chant)

West - 7 for the West Lower south end's sudden baying second half taunting of the Away fans alone. Quality.

East - 6. Not as loud as you have been, but some quality 'up on your feet' Linesman/Ref baiting.

SWC - 7 respect for the flags and looked animated at times, but difficult to hear you from the North.

Away fans - 5.2. Limited repertoire and not much of it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very generous to the North.

Apart from the Police Box Crew ploughing their lone furrow, the North spent most of the match finishing off chants started in WSU.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Upper West was quiet in the 1st half but goodness did it burst into life on the 2nd. Lots of songs started, people standing up etc. Rocking.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have to agree with the questionning of the Barmy Army chant. I'm never one to comment on 'poor' songs - all noise is good, in general, but Barmy Army? Really? WTF?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As per usual, I didn't hear anything whatsoever from the WSU. This isn't meant as a dig, it's just that I genuinely never ever hear anything other than we're the West stand :shrug:

Have to agree with the questionning of the Barmy Army chant. I'm never one to comment on 'poor' songs - all noise is good, in general, but Barmy Army? Really? WTF?

I thought it was Barney Army, due to Oscar looking (a bit) like Barney Rubble.

Is a bit pony though.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
North - 6.8 (deductions for 'Barmy Army' chant and, not for the first time 'We Forgot That You Were Here' sung to the away fans when the home ends had themselves been deathly silent prior to the chant)

West - 7 for the West Lower south end's sudden baying second half taunting of the Away fans alone. Quality.

East - 6. Not as loud as you have been, but some quality 'up on your feet' Linesman/Ref baiting.

SWC - 7 respect for the flags and looked animated at times, but difficult to hear you from the North.

Away fans - 5.2. Limited repertoire and not much of it.

Proud member of the best stand in the Amex - West Lower :clap:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I genuinely managed to get 2 chants started that went round the whole ground, last night and one on Saturday, the WSU has begun to wake up.

Truely brilliant, when i see faces turning back looking up at me, with what the **** was that written all over there faces.

However good baiting from the West Lower, SWC looking more and more like the stand to be in, good Baiting of the QPR fans after we scored and during the games. The police box, good noise, rest of the North, lost without a leader. East stand well done for being there.

Plenty of songs started in the WSU North and WSU south last night, not much from the middle which is a shame.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The WSU was rocking as the game went on, especially around the first goal. For a short period, everyone was standing, singing, bouncing... it was great. Shame it can't be like that as standard

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I thought the north was very good last night.

I loved the chant of "is there a fire drill" when we scored the 2nd and a mass exodus of QPR fans

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The WSU was rocking as the game went on, especially around the first goal. For a short period, everyone was standing, singing, bouncing... it was great. Shame it can't be like that as standard

The middle of the WSU ruins it, too many oldies not getting involved, fair enough as its a great place to watch the game, but it doesnt help the flow of people singing from each end of the WSU.

also the ground is much louder in the lower tiers.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The West Stand can only sing two songs. I didn't hear them start the Ulloa, Oscar, Buckley, Ince, Lua lua or Solly ones etc. or the "Harry whats the score" or "does the taxman know your here" ones.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The middle of the WSU ruins it, too many oldies not getting involved, fair enough as its a great place to watch the game, but it doesnt help the flow of people singing from each end of the WSU.

also the ground is much louder in the lower tiers.

I'm in the middle area - even the oldies got involved (though like I said it was just a short period).

I'm probably going to move next season to a cheaper and/or louder section

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm in the middle area - even the oldies got involved (though like I said it was just a short period).

I'm probably going to move next season to a cheaper and/or louder section

Where abouts are you I am W3D Row V look to the left and the right and a lot more people are joining in, the middle is poor. But last night a few did join in.

Theres a bald chap up there that always gives it a good go, no one seems to try and join in though.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Where abouts are you I am W3D Row V look to the left and the right and a lot more people are joining in, the middle is poor. But last night a few did join in.

W3F Row J

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I have to admit I nearly fell of my chair when others in the WSL started to sing last night... I've been trying to get the guys around me for the last 2 years to join in

It's good to see that the Amex can make some noise (shame it normally takes a s**t ref to get them going though), just need to do it every game now :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
WSU was bouncing last night leading up to and after our first goal.

North wasnt very loud from my seat and seemed to be taking lead from west for a change. Problem is when west joing in north and visa versa the starting stand are winding down.

Away fans OK at times

East - didnt hear

Doubt many home grounds have an atmosphere like we did last night. Lots moan but it was decent

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Upper West was quiet in the 1st half but goodness did it burst into life on the 2nd. Lots of songs started, people standing up etc. Rocking.

Was able to stand for pretty much the final 20 minutes of the game. Great stuff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As per usual, I didn't hear anything whatsoever from the WSU. This isn't meant as a dig, it's just that I genuinely never ever hear anything other than we're the West stand :shrug:

It is MENTAL how the acoustics are affected by where you are. I have come back from 2-3 games in the WSU with my ears ringing. Genuinely. Massive sound.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here